Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
Pulse Red GTO

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
'11 RS bulb sizes for the DRL's

Does anyone know what size the bulbs are or what will fit in terms of the LED's. I saw some out there, but I don't want to spend $100+ for them, looking for a cheap good bulb. I tried getting them out, but without jacking up the car and getting underneith it I was unable to get the bulb out to check it. I noticed it wasn't like a fog light bulb, well b/c on the RS they arn't.
Also are the housings the same on the non RS, vs RS?? I was wondering to see if the housing could take the heat from like say a foglight bulb?

Thanks all!!
Pulse Red GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Turn your wheel and take three screws out of the wheel well liner. That should make it so you can get your hand in there so you can get the bulb out, although, doing the same and jacking it up would make it easier. The rs bulbs are p13w's, but they are around $100. These bulbs are much brighter and put out less heat. I have seen some cheaper alternatives, but sometimes you do get what you pay for. Don't remember where I've seen them, maybe someone else can help out.