Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-04-2011, 05:21 AM   #1
BloodUSMC
Blood Sucking War Machine

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - A6
Muffler and resentors delete?

I don't know why but I don't feel like spending 1k for an exhaust system. I also don't want to spend couple of hundreds on shitty ones. So I was thinking when I get my v6, I will take it to the shop and have them delete the resonators and the mufflers.

I can't find a video of how it sounds so I thought I would post it here to read others opinions.

What I want: Loud exhaust, deep if possible
BloodUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:49 AM   #2
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
I had a muffler delete. Its way to loud. It sounded nice but way to loud. Above 2k rpms it was loud enough for tickets. I could hear it warm idle on the other side of my house. I have a MRT 2.0 now and its perfect. Sounds just like a muffler delete but quiet. No poppingon decel which I miss but I plan to delete the resonators. Badgebunny has a great thread with a ton of videos on that. The MRT 2.0 was 525 to my door. Im very happy with it. And so are many people on here as well. Sounds great. Not high pitched like honda like some LLT exhausts. Not deep like a v8 though. That's never gonna happen with this engine. But overall im very happy and I am hard to please. I've had 9 different setups on my supra before I found something I like.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
BloodUSMC

Im watching videos of MRT 1 and MRT 2 and for some reason the MRT1 sounds a little deeper and louder? maybe it just the video but what you guys think?

BTW. thanks for the tip.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:48 AM   #4
turboguy327
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodUSMC View Post
Im watching videos of MRT 1 and MRT 2 and for some reason the MRT1 sounds a little deeper and louder? maybe it just the video but what you guys think?

BTW. thanks for the tip.
The 1.0 is louder but drones on the highway. Some people don't mind it. Post up in your local forum and see if anybody local has a v6 with a exhaust to check out in person. The 2.0 is loud when ur on it but nice and barely there when ur driving easy and cruising.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
BloodUSMC

whats the difference between MRT and MRT with GFX?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
turboguy327
Banned

If you have rear ground effects get the ground effects one. If you have a regular bumper which you do if you have a stock ls. The only difference is the tips that stick out of the bumper.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
I had a muffler delete. Its way to loud. It sounded nice but way to loud. Above 2k rpms it was loud enough for tickets. I could hear it warm idle on the other side of my house. I have a MRT 2.0 now and its perfect. Sounds just like a muffler delete but quiet. No poppingon decel which I miss but I plan to delete the resonators. Badgebunny has a great thread with a ton of videos on that. The MRT 2.0 was 525 to my door. Im very happy with it. And so are many people on here as well. Sounds great. Not high pitched like honda like some LLT exhausts. Not deep like a v8 though. That's never gonna happen with this engine. But overall im very happy and I am hard to please. I've had 9 different setups on my supra before I found something I like.
I took my resonators off with the MRT v2 and the popping is insane at when lifting off the gas. Would recommend this!
Old 03-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
BloodUSMC

anyone have the resonator off with mrt 1?
I like mrt 1 cuz the deep sound and louder.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodUSMC View Post
anyone have the resonator off with mrt 1?
I like mrt 1 cuz the deep sound and louder.
There are a few guys on the forums who have done this. The last two months, I've spent researching what package/setup would suit me best.

I started with BBK Longtube headers but eventually changed my mind and ended up with DT shorties because of the CEL thing and the deeper exhaust sound notes

As for exhaust, its very tough to choose between MRT1 and MRT2, honestly both are good, you simply just need to ask yourself one question, how loud do you want it???

How loud is too loud? MRT2 is fairly loud, MRT1 is just plain loud. From what I've read on the forums, most people who bought MRT2 wanted it quieter on the highway... for some it drives them crazy after hearing exhaust for five, ten or even fifteen hours (road trips).

I ended up going with MRT1.0, res delete and DT headers. This combination in my opinion will be the loudest combo and produce the deepest sound without it sounding bad!

MRT 1.0 res delete and DT headers or MRT 2.0 res delete with DT headers is probally the closest you'll get to being as loud as possible and still sounding good. DO NOT DELETE MUFFLER! please please...

Um... Badge bunny i believe has mrt2 with res delete and dt. mrt1 will be basically alot louder at idle and a bit louder on the highway.

I have the DT headers already, but still waiting on order for MRT 1.0 exhaust. There is two feet of snow on the ground still here so nothing I can do probally untill april lol.

Its a personal opinion and you really have to make that final decision for yourself.

To be honest, anything MRT exhaust, you'll be fine... Search our forum... look how happy soo many of MRT owners are with there exhaust!

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Don't straight pipe a V6. Sounds like a weed whacker.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #11
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
I'm adding DT headers to my MRT v2 and res delete. I'll put up vids when I get them on next week.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #12
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
spend the money at least for axel-back. don't delet the mufflers and resinators it will sound terrible

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #13
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
you see what I have here. MRT V2 going on next Friday in place of Magis.But I have a resonated x pipe. No way I will delete all resonators on this engine, May even put the stock ones back on.Listen to Scrmings old vid of his car going back and forth on his street in the snow.Has shorties,Injen and mrt v2. Best sounding setup I think and he has the stock resonators on.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #14
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Thumbs up Doug Thorley Catback

We got a bunch of great feedback from our V6 Crowd on this catback. Read through it and check out the videos.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125385

I think alot of people overlook this Catback.
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote