Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #1
willyd

Drives: Victory Red 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LTRS
Question Does BBK header w/High flow Cats Void warranty?

Does anyone know if my installing of the BBK headers with high flow cats voids my warranty? If I go to the dealership to get anything done, that should would be good information to have. I know the tune and CAI and throttle body spacer I'm getting does right? But those are easy enough to pull off if need be, the headers are another story. Thanks!
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Only power train, also LT's are not legal for smog in CA, but you got 5 years.

The tune alone shots your power train warranty. You can go back to stock, but there will always be a permanent record of the change on computer.

You can due a CAI and cat back exhaust, but what fun is that?

Go for it and have some fun!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
willyd

Just the info I needed, thanks! Well... at least my power windows warranty will still be intact lol! I've already got the parts I'm doing it!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
d69chris
Florida C5

Not if you go over 140mph, that voids the power window warranty.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
d69chris
Florida C5

JK
Old 03-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
willyd

LOL! I'm curious once I get teh airaid intake and throttle body spacer and the headers w/cats on with the tuning out of the speed limiter by Trifecta...just how fast she will go.....only one way to find out
Old 06-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
BlackInferno25

Drives: 2017 CAMARO SS/1LE
so does the bbk headers with HF cats void the warranty
BlackInferno25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #8
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
No LT's DO NOT void your power train. They will void your exhaust warranty. And unlike the SS, the tune DOES NOT leave a permanent record on your ECU. LLT's do not have a flash counter. If your dealer wants to void out your warranty over exhaust and a CAI then find a new dealer.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd View Post
Does anyone know if my installing of the BBK headers with high flow cats voids my warranty? If I go to the dealership to get anything done, that should would be good information to have. I know the tune and CAI and throttle body spacer I'm getting does right? But those are easy enough to pull off if need be, the headers are another story. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd View Post
LOL! I'm curious once I get teh airaid intake and throttle body spacer and the headers w/cats on with the tuning out of the speed limiter by Trifecta...just how fast she will go.....only one way to find out
Shell go plenty fast.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
No LT's DO NOT void your power train. They will void your exhaust warranty. And unlike the SS, the tune DOES NOT leave a permanent record on your ECU. LLT's do not have a flash counter. If your dealer wants to void out your warranty over exhaust and a CAI then find a new dealer.
Atleast according to my delear it is in every right for gm to void your power train warranty if you change the headers. They told me voiding is never in the hands of the delear that power only resides with GM itself. They also said that the only way they can void your warranty is if it was a major problem and they are asked to upload your computer information and report any modifications to the car that affect engine performance.

And also in the automatic v6 camaros there is a flash counter in the transmission that can tell the delear you have been tuned and changed back to stock.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
The V6 Auto TCM DOES have a flash counter. Trifecta has transparency mode though.
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #12
SIXJAK

Well according to my dealer any aftermarket part you put in such axleback catback shorties LT's CAI will only void the warranty on whatever part you replaced. In other words they are NOT going to warranty my CAI Inc CAI or my SW LT's or my ARK Catback nor would I expect them to.
My motor spun a bearing last November and and I limped my car into the dealer Trifecta Tune, SW LT's SOLO catback, vMax TB and all. They replaced my motor under warranty. My motor spun a bearing because it had no oil in it. They do my oil changes and I wasn't due for another 1500 or miles.

That's my story. Last oil change they were going nuts (in a good way) over my polished IM.
In my estimation, I have a good SM who excersises common sense. Once I go FI, then yeah we both know my warranty from them anyway is toast.