Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #1
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Dealer Emailed Me!!!

For what it's worth, the guy has been on the up & up with me from the very beginning - so take it with a grain of salt. Below is what he emailed me today.

"My DM was in today to close my consensus and said that GM has not picked up any Camaro orders yet. He also said the plan is to build the first sold order for every dealer before anyone gets their second. That being said he mentioned that he didnt think any orders would get picked up untill the first week in March. I also asked him about Consensus, and he said that he didn't think it would matter for sold orders. He also told me about the V6 I had no controll over and that I was to hide it when it showed up for the unveiling event. I also asked about constraints and he said all they are building are SS (no LS or LT) for the first cars, and Cyber gray is the only possible constraint he knows of so far."

Remember, he is only repeating what his DM has told him! Even if its BS!
Old 02-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Thanks for the bit of info.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
i just hope they start building the V6's in april, or im gonna be extremely upset. Ive waited long enough.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
For what it's worth, the guy has been on the up & up with me from the very beginning - so take it with a grain of salt. Below is what he emailed me today.

"My DM was in today to close my consensus and said that GM has not picked up any Camaro orders yet. He also said the plan is to build the first sold order for every dealer before anyone gets their second. That being said he mentioned that he didnt think any orders would get picked up untill the first week in March. I also asked him about Consensus, and he said that he didn't think it would matter for sold orders. He also told me about the V6 I had no controll over and that I was to hide it when it showed up for the unveiling event. I also asked about constraints and he said all they are building are SS (no LS or LT) for the first cars, and Cyber gray is the only possible constraint he knows of so far."

Remember, he is only repeating what his DM has told him! Even if its BS!
I spoke with my Sales Manager today and told me the exact same thing...I'm in!
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #5
PonyMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I spoke with my Sales Manager today and told me the exact same thing...I'm in!
What do you mean by "the same thing" and "I'm in"?
Old 02-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
He explained everything to me the same way you heard it from your guy...I am number one sold order on thier list and my car will be built in the first run...I had to change colors though..but not a big deal.
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #7
Lord Grey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
... I also asked him about Consensus, and he said that he didn't think it would matter for sold orders. ...
What does that mean?
Lord Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:13 PM   #8
dtipper

Drives: 2007 Tahoe
Consensus is what the dealer asks for. Allocation is what the dealer gets. And it all plays a part.

Damien Tipper
916-788-8761
Internet Sales Manager
John L Sullivan Chevrolet
Roseville, California
dtipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #9
PonyMan

"Consensus" is when GM tells the dealers what that want them to order for the lot. I think he is saying "sold orders" (2010 Camaro) have nothing to do with dealers consensus.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #10
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
ok im confused--lol

im 2nd on my dealers list---butttttttt im the first ss------the one before me was a v6..........................did you say they are only building v-8s first??????????---if thats true will i get bumped ahead of the number one v-6 order??????????
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #11
PonyMan

CONSENSUS= 2/6/2009

"Chevy dealers all across the country have access today to their March Consensus. For those who don't know what Consensus is, it is the report that Chevy sends to their dealers showing their estimated shipments of vehicles they can order for the following month's production period.

So what does that mean? Basically it means that dealers know now how many Camaros they have been initially allocated by GM. Camaros that are ordered for this consensus period will be produced after March 15th.

Dealers can always ask for additional Camaros for the next week, but it is rare that GM provides any additional units than what they initially allocate. Consensus is open for dealers until next Friday (2/13) at which time they must commit to their orders. We then find out the following Wednesday (2/18) what has been approved by GM."
Old 02-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #12
steelmart

Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
He explained everything to me the same way you heard it from your guy...I am number one sold order on thier list and my car will be built in the first run...I had to change colors though..but not a big deal.
What color was your original order?
steelmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #13
PonyMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
im 2nd on my dealers list---butttttttt im the first ss------the one before me was a v6..........................did you say they are only building v-8s first??????????---if thats true will i get bumped ahead of the number one v-6 order??????????
I did not say anything - "My dealers GM made the above statement to him", like I said take it all with a grain of salt!!!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #14
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
First sold order at most local dealers will be the dealership owner...

(sour grapes?...a tad)

I'm #3...so I'm going to have to be patient...
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote