Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 03-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Treasure Coast Camaro 5 TCC5 T-Shirts

Alright- for those interested, here's the latest...

So far we've gotten prices for the shirts screen printed as pictured on the black shirts... unfortunately, those are coming back at approximately $25 per shirt, which to me, is a little high.

Now we've found a secondary option, instead of "screen printing" there's a "dying" process that stains the shirt, instead of prints over it. (Similar to the Affliction style soft shirt prints, opposed to the plastic feeling screens...)

This process should be marginally cheaper, spprox &15 per shirt, however the only drawback, is it's only avaliable in white or off-white shirts.

However, in addition to the lower pricing, the car image itself, can be customized to use any pic off the internet, or even a picture of your own car, we don't have to stick with a common picture. With this method- the lettering for "Treasure Coast Camaro 5" would remain the same, just the car image customized.

Below are pix of both the original black screen printed mock-up and the white "dyed" mock-up... just to get an idea of the looks...

Please add any ideas, comments, suggestions you may have, still hoping to get them in time for Pony Wars...The more feedback, the better!

*****BELOW IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!! ALL PRE-ORDERS ARE IN HAND ALONG WITH A VERY LIMITED SUPPLY OF EXTRAS. ORDERS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AT THE MEET THIS SATURDAY (APRIL 30) IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND WE'LL WORK SOMETHING OUT. A LOT OF WORK WENT INTO THESE, SO I HOPE EVERYBODY IS HAPPY WITH THE OUTCOME, SEE YA' ALL SATURDAY!!!

ps- PICTURES DO NOT DO IT JUSTICE, BUT GIVES AN IDEA OF THE FINAL PRODUCT****
Attached Images

Last edited by Drago77; 04-29-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
well , think about it...your not gonna wear it all the time, and 1-2 shirts could last a year...whats 50.00 to wear a tcc shirt, would be really cool if we could submit our own car pic...that would be really cool..personalize it
Old 03-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
mikepage0007

btw, wife said the dye option bleeds for awhile and fades much quicker....i vote for the black shirts, screen printing..you are saying that the screen prints cannot be personalized? correct..only the cheaper dye white shirts can be your car image...just clarifying..thanks for following up
Old 03-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
mikepage0007

kevin, just happen to glance at emerald tees,, got some good ideas...think we should look at some other regional tees and prob get some ideas..here is link of tees if you have not seen...maybe we could also see how they are buying and get some ideas from them...always better to learn from others errors and what they would do diff...i prob could of saved 5k from building my ss if i would of not been so much of hurry..http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136188
Old 03-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
mikepage0007

kevin, doing some googling came up with this site...it appears that you can download image from computer and build your shirt...with custom pic and any color shirt...thought you might want to try and build one...since i voted you president http://www.floridatshirts.biz/screenprinting.html
Old 03-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #6
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
kevin, doing some googling came up with this site...it appears that you can download image from computer and build your shirt...with custom pic and any color shirt...thought you might want to try and build one...since i voted you president http://www.floridatshirts.biz/screenprinting.html
Well then, as President, I may be delegating here... you seem to be doing pretty good job so far!, lol!!!

Sill looking into anything anyone can come up with... gonna check your sites out now Mike... I'm OK with $25 for 1 shirt myself, I just don't wanna impose that price on people without a group vote...

That said, everyone post up your opinions; it's your club, and your shirts...!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Mike-

Correct- the screen print is a set design; basically, the cheapest I've found is $18 per shirt, plus a $45 screen set-up fee. (They build a set of screens specifically for our design and colors.... that set-up fee is a 1 time charge, however would be split up amongst the orders bringing it up to roughly $25 per shirt.) Now, later orders, wouldn't have that set up fee, but there may be a minimum order #.

Now the other method, I don't know much about (I did do screen printing for years before my current career.) From the research I've done online, the pictures look great, clear and vibrant, but i have no idea how they would hold up over time and washings... I do know, it is the same process that Affliction clothing uses, and I have several of their shirts (which are pretty pricey) and they haven't bled or faded at all.

I checked the sites you mentioned... the do-it-yourself was a pain, and I wasn't able to upload my files, will call in the AM. And I PMd the other forum member for his pricing ideas... good looking out!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I'm not from your area. I'd love two of these shirts. My daughter thinks they look real cool. I like the hole idea
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #9
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
I'm not from your area. I'd love two of these shirts. My daughter thinks they look real cool. I like the hole idea
That's GREAT!!!!

I'll keep you posted once the final product is ready!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #10
mikepage0007

kevin , if need be, when we come up with a plan we can get together...we can order a couple dozen extra shirts and my company can pick up the tab and i will hold on to shirts and sell them @ cost to new members or members who might want another down the road...that way we can keep cost down a little...i suggest that we get the shirt logo and pic ideas together by the next meet,have 3 choices and let everyone vote, members that can,t make the next meet can vote here, we will try and come up with 3 choices b4 meetand post pics here....majority rules...and then take orders...knowing what each one will cost...meantime, i will try and help get some other ideas{ not that your shirt is not a good one} always a good idea to explore and anyone else that has input..
Old 03-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #11
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
kevin , if need be, when we come up with a plan we can get together...we can order a couple dozen extra shirts and my company can pick up the tab and i will hold on to shirts and sell them @ cost to new members or members who might want another down the road...that way we can keep cost down a little...i suggest that we get the shirt logo and pic ideas together by the next meet,have 3 choices and let everyone vote, members that can,t make the next meet can vote here, we will try and come up with 3 choices b4 meetand post pics here....majority rules...and then take orders...knowing what each one will cost...meantime, i will try and help get some other ideas{ not that your shirt is not a good one} always a good idea to explore and anyone else that has input..
Sounds great to me!

As always- OPEN FORUM, anyone and everyone, please put together your ideas!

One thing for everyone to keep in mind- the more colors in the design, the more expensive...

Lets get the ideas rolling in!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #12
baby02
EYE CANDY

Drives: 1SS RS ABM
Quote:
Looks like you guys got this, but I'm willing to however I can. Good job fellows.
baby02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #13
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
hey kevin went by the place i told u about he said that the writing looked pretty bad. he had never heard of that program. he said he will look at it closer tomm. and get with me on monday. also the price might change if he has to play with it to make it work.the opions he will let me know monday. he showed white and little gray shirt to me. gray shirt showed some grey through light colors. he said the wear is good on the dying. like we talked about as long as writing is same thats great, i would rather put image of my own car on it.as long as price is not to bad if he plays with it i will have shirt to show at next meet.ok prez. spelled Darin ok city kitty.
UF4LIFE102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #14
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Thanks Darin,

The program I used is actually intended for paper graphics, so stretching anything beyond 8" x 11" will probably distort. Most graphics places I worked over the years have more expensive programs like photoshop or corel that they can touch things up with.

As far as my latest company, he was supposed to get me a quote Friday but hadn't gotten back to me yet, it was kinda late when I went over there though. He did seem to think the original prices I was quoted for the black screened shirts was rediculous, im hoping (fingers crossed) that he can get them.around $15/ea, in which case id much rather go with the blk screen printing; they'll last longer and look more dynamic than white. However, depending on what your guy says, and how difficult it would be to.crop out the background of personal pictures, I may do one on white for myself as well; with my own car... but I think editing out backgrounds might present a problem/additional cost as well.