Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-26-2015, 05:28 AM   #1
mottajuniorsc

Drives: Camaro 1LT 3.6 V6 2011 automatic
Send a message via MSN to mottajuniorsc
what should I expect for my camaroV6 in Brazil with wrong gasoline

hey guys, I am new here. I recently bought an used camaro3.6V6 automatic 2011 with 10.000miles.Put genuine GM syntec 0w30 dexos1 oil on it and original Acdelco oil filter.

It is a really nice car, and the car was well maintained, looks NEW!my questions are:

Our gasoline here in Brazil is 87 octanes, but, 27,5%ethanol mix.
I read in manual that gasoline has to be equal or less than 15%ethanol. I don´t know what to do. I need to worry about that? Problems to come? any motor problems should I worry?
Until now, 3 weeks running, the car is normal, motor in quite good temperature,strong and nice accelerations, with no faults.
mottajuniorsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:40 AM   #2
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
What method of measuring octane is used in Brazil? There are two major scales used to measure it- the US uses the average of the two but many other countries just use one of the two scales. Without knowing which scale, it's hard to say.
The high ethanol content will likely be ok, but will not perform as well.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #3
mottajuniorsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
What method of measuring octane is used in Brazil? There are two major scales used to measure it- the US uses the average of the two but many other countries just use one of the two scales. Without knowing which scale, it's hard to say.
The high ethanol content will likely be ok, but will not perform as well.
ok! Here the prevalent fuel is
Gasoline type C (without Lead ) : Common - 87 IAD (95 RON)

Thank you for your answer, I was worry about problems with the direct injection or some kind trouble with my engine because of the high ethanol.
The car is running good. Today (25ēcelsius,elevation 1380feet,barometer 29inHg, humidity50% ) I did 6,4 0-60mph in sport mode.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:03 PM   #4
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by mottajuniorsc View Post
ok! Here the prevalent fuel is
Gasoline type C (without Lead ) : Common - 87 IAD (95 RON)

Thank you for your answer, I was worry about problems with the direct injection or some kind trouble with my engine because of the high ethanol.
The car is running good. Today (25ēcelsius,elevation 1380feet,barometer 29inHg, humidity50% ) I did 6,4 0-60mph in sport mode.
So you're running 91 octane with higher ethanol content. You should be fine- the 10% ethanol rating they use here is just an average and not really required to be accurate, so the cars are made with adaptability to deal with issues like this.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:48 AM   #5
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
I think I would be worried about the Ethanol eating at the fuel system because it wasn't designed for it . 10% is one thing 25% in something different .
Old 12-11-2015, 04:20 AM   #6
mottajuniorsc

ok

ok, But I can´t remove the ethanol from the gasoline, I will have to do something about it because I intent to stay with this car for long long time, like, 10 years or more.
People,I am thinking to buy this product, to avoid corrosion and maintein the fuel system normal and clean, removing the deposits, etc...
http://www.stp.com/products/fuel-add...ystem-cleaner/
Here in my city there is a store with this product.
What do you think?