Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
My ERL - TTI/Granatelli TT Build Results

Well it's been a long time in the making, but my car is finally ready, at least stage one is...

I knew when I bought Brandi, there would be some performance mods, I just wasn't sure when or what...I Love the look of a polished maggie, and I know the Prochargers make crazy power...

I made a decision to find a builder and get some expert guidance... I looked long and hard and talked to lots of people, builders and car people alike...

I finally decided Corey at Henderson Performance Technology would be the man, and He Is...

We hashed over the ideas I brought to the table as a starting point, and decided to go with my desires for a sleeper type of build...

Twin Turbo's... down under, and we are not talking Australia...

Then it was on to the level of the build, add them to my existing shortblock, heads, rework the heads, or go for it all... We decided to go for it...

For the most part, I went with his suggestions since this is what he does for a living, and so we ordered an ERL forged LS-3 427 at 9:1 compression. It's an amazing shortblock with some serious machine work and technology involved.

The next item was the Turbo kit... I had walked into his shop with one in mind, but two to look at and we ended up looking up all of them available for the 2010 Camaro...

We decided on my first choice, the TTI/Granatelli Twins set-up... The clean fit and look as well as the attention to detail are what sold me...

We also ordered some suspension and other go fast parts from Chase at Apex and the Drive Shaft Shop...amoung other places

We needed to get the potential power from the motor to the tires, so we also ordered a 1400 ft/lb rated twin disc clutch the Act...

I had to return to Brazil, to work and pay for all of this stuff.

Corey and company have been diligently working on my car since I left, and the results are in...

My ERL shortblock supported motor with the TTI/Granatelli Twins is putting down

793 HP and 822 ft/lbs torque

on a very conservative tune, a tune designed for my driving, (like I stole it all the time) and we will stick there for a while, acquire some miles, and then stretch her legs out a bit.... We are running very little timing, and have lots of fuel left...

Crazy things...at various points in the test and tune process
2 lb's of boost at a paltry 2000 rpm...600 ft/lb's
6 psi at 2500 rpm, before the spring change from 6 to 12 lb's.
770 tq at 3500 rpm
Boost and fuel pressure are holding strong at 12 and 60 respectively. AFR's in the high 11's to be safe.
IAT's get up to 153ish at the end of run, with ambient at 88 or that day. IAT's start at 90.
801tq at 4500 and the final results are listed above...

Tire melting will be no problem pretty much anywhere in the range of gears or speed...

This isn't a maggie, nor a Centri, but she will be a huge handful right off the line.. For those that nay-say the turbo's as being slow to respond technology, think again...

Thanks to:

ERL,
TTI/Granatelli,
ApexChase,
Drive Shaft Shop,
Eibach,
Pfadt,
Lingenfelter,
KB BAP,
MagnaFlow,
ARP,
Act,
AEM,
ETC...

But Most especially to Corey and Narc & Company of Henderson Performance Technology for their efforts and expertise.

My driving and comfort impressions will be made after I arrive home from Brazil and get to drive her the middle of next week...6th or so of April...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Wow, that is definitely an awesome Camaro you have, it's going to be fun driving that Camaro beast
Old 04-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
ZuluKilla8

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS RJT
Wow awesome build brother

Sent from my iPhizzzone using Tapatalk
2010 Camaro SS LS3 Holley Hi-Ram Manifold,Custom grind boost cam,Vortech V-3,10Rib 3.47 Pully Airfilter Pipe Delete, 10 PSI, TSP LT Headers, Flowmaster Outlaws, Alky Control Meth Kit, PFADT 1.25, ZL1 Fuel Pump, DSS 1000HP axles, Mantic ER2 Clutch, Full BMR rear suspension drag pack upgrade. C6 Vette 18 rims with M/T 305 out back. COPO Hood
Race Proven Motorsports tuned
ZuluKilla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Great job!
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
4xchamp
MURC 666

Drives: 69 Pace Car 68 Camaro Restomod 81 Z
Crazy power .
Best of luck to you on this impressive build .
Old 04-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
I bet you've already gone over $100K including the car. This is how a TT car should be built. No shortcuts!!!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Wow, that is definitely an awesome Camaro you have, it's going to be fun driving that Camaro beast
Fun may be an understatement... nerve wracking needs to be included until I learn her quirks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuluKilla8 View Post
Wow awesome build brother

Sent from my iPhizzzone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to driving this one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
Great job!
Thanks, Sure wish you were going to be at the Fest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xchamp View Post
Crazy power .
Best of luck to you on this impressive build .
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
I bet you've already gone over $100K including the car. This is how a TT car should be built. No shortcuts!!!
We wont go there but... With Corey guiding this build, it has been relatively pain free and I trust the quality of the components and the attention to detail and craftsmanship implicitly... Some of the pics are crazy...

The line lock switch is hidden under the flap for the power outlet on the center console in front of the shifter...flip the switch, step on the brakes, tap the horn, and if the horn works, line lock is not, if no horn, then the brakes are set... As speedster put it, "smoke anyone..."

They heat shielded pretty much everything within two feet of the turbo's, and the bleeder port for the clutch is now under the hood next to the master cylinder... They ran a heat shielded braided steel line from the bell housing up to the master cylinder. No more getting under the car to bleed anything...

I'll post up a few pics when I get home since I'm on a really slow satellite connection out here.... or they are all in my full build thread in the users journals section, The Birth of Brandi's Twins...this post is intended for my impressions of the components...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 04-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Fun may be an understatement... nerve wracking needs to be included until I learn her quirks...

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to driving this one..

Thanks, Sure wish you were going to be at the Fest...

Thank you

We wont go there but... With Corey guiding this build, it has been relatively pain free and I trust the quality of the components and the attention to detail and craftsmanship implicitly... Some of the pics are crazy...

The line lock switch is hidden under the flap for the power outlet on the center console in front of the shifter...flip the switch, step on the brakes, tap the horn, and if the horn works, line lock is not, if no horn, then the brakes are set... As speedster put it, "smoke anyone..."

They heat shielded pretty much everything within two feet of the turbo's, and the bleeder port for the clutch is now under the hood next to the master cylinder... They ran a heat shielded braided steel line from the bell housing up to the master cylinder. No more getting under the car to bleed anything...

I'll post up a few pics when I get home since I'm on a really slow satellite connection out here.... or they are all in my full build thread in the users journals section, The Birth of Brandi's Twins...this post is intended for my impressions of the components...
When I quoted a rough estimate, I was complimenting your built and the details that were covered. The $ amount was thrown in to signify and gauge the build, that it wasn't done in half-fast cheap style.

The heat shield to block heat from your tranny and clutch will save you a lot of nightmare, when suddenly you press on the clutch , it goes down and never comes back up. Turbo heat radiation causes a lot of damage to tranny.

Consider yourself blessed to have someone done the work who is conscientious.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #9
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
When I quoted a rough estimate, I was complimenting your built and the details that were covered. The $ amount was thrown in to signify and gauge the build, that it wasn't done in half-fast cheap style.

The heat shield to block heat from your tranny and clutch will save you a lot of nightmare, when suddenly you press on the clutch , it goes down and never comes back up. Turbo heat radiation causes a lot of damage to tranny.

Consider yourself blessed to have someone done the work who is conscientious.
I took no offense to the dollar amount, I would discuss it in private if someone was interested in a similar build... and it is a huge compliment,

I thank you for that... and I am seriously blessed to not only have a quality builder, of which there are many around this country, but to have one of his quality 40 minutes from my house... Cool...

There is another shop about five minutes from my house that I stopped in just before I took delivery of my Camaro, and I'll never cross their threshold again... Personal opinion...

Old 04-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #10
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
Very nice! I'm a bit behind you now, but maybe we can have some friendly HP banter this Fall when I get finished with the new motor. At 677 653 it is a handful. Your probably running a boost controller I assume?

Excellent build! Have a blast with it and do not advertise. Go sleeper. More fun when you eat cars alive that way.
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #11
TTI George

Drives: 2009 RJ Colbalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Well it's been a long time in the making, but my car is finally ready, at least stage one is...

I knew when I bought Brandi, there would be some performance mods, I just wasn't sure when or what...I Love the look of a polished maggie, and I know the Prochargers make crazy power...

I made a decision to find a builder and get some expert guidance... I looked long and hard and talked to lots of people, builders and car people alike...

I finally decided Corey at Henderson Performance Technology would be the man, and He Is...

We hashed over the ideas I brought to the table as a starting point, and decided to go with my desires for a sleeper type of build...

Twin Turbo's... down under, and we are not talking Australia...

Then it was on to the level of the build, add them to my existing shortblock, heads, rework the heads, or go for it all... We decided to go for it...

For the most part, I went with his suggestions since this is what he does for a living, and so we ordered an ERL forged LS-3 427 at 9:1 compression. It's an amazing shortblock with some serious machine work and technology involved.

The next item was the Turbo kit... I had walked into his shop with one in mind, but two to look at and we ended up looking up all of them available for the 2010 Camaro...

We decided on my first choice, the TTI/Granatelli Twins set-up... The clean fit and look as well as the attention to detail are what sold me...

We also ordered some suspension and other go fast parts from Chase at Apex and the Drive Shaft Shop...amoung other places

We needed to get the potential power from the motor to the tires, so we also ordered a 1400 ft/lb rated twin disc clutch the Act...

I had to return to Brazil, to work and pay for all of this stuff.

Corey and company have been diligently working on my car since I left, and the results are in...

My ERL shortblock supported motor with the TTI/Granatelli Twins is putting down

793 HP and 822 ft/lbs torque

on a very conservative tune, a tune designed for my driving, (like I stole it all the time) and we will stick there for a while, acquire some miles, and then stretch her legs out a bit.... We are running very little timing, and have lots of fuel left...

Crazy things...at various points in the test and tune process
2 lb's of boost at a paltry 2000 rpm...600 ft/lb's
6 psi at 2500 rpm, before the spring change from 6 to 12 lb's.
770 tq at 3500 rpm
Boost and fuel pressure are holding strong at 12 and 60 respectively. AFR's in the high 11's to be safe.
IAT's get up to 153ish at the end of run, with ambient at 88 or that day. IAT's start at 90.
801tq at 4500 and the final results are listed above...

Tire melting will be no problem pretty much anywhere in the range of gears or speed...

This isn't a maggie, nor a Centri, but she will be a huge handful right off the line.. For those that nay-say the turbo's as being slow to respond technology, think again...

Thanks to:

ERL,
TTI/Granatelli,
ApexChase,
Drive Shaft Shop,
Eibach,
Pfadt,
Lingenfelter,
KB BAP,
MagnaFlow,
ARP,
Act,
AEM,
ETC...

But Most especially to Corey and Narc & Company of Henderson Performance Technology for their efforts and expertise.

My driving and comfort impressions will be made after I arrive home from Brazil and get to drive her the middle of next week...6th or so of April...
Thank you so much for giving TTI/GMS a shot. Cory is good people and we seemed to hit it off the first time we talked, good luck with the build and enjoy. George @ TTI
TTI George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #12
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Very impressive!!
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #13
g4dadon
Straight Performance Racn

Drives: Anything over 600rwhp
Nice build you'll have lots and lots of fun with that turbo or shall i say THEM turbo's!!!
g4dadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #14
Notneb

Drives: 2006 Dodge Viper
Bump for pics!
Notneb is offline   Reply With Quote