Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
tonytahoe

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
Camaro Convertible

Looks like it's finally going to happen.Got an order number ,and the vehicle has been queued for production. 2SS vert,WRS,Black,black top,Silver Rally Stripes,Polished Wheels,Hurst Short Throw.Me and 20 other guys on the site are buying the same car!!!--It's ALL GOOD!!!
tonytahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Congrats!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Congrats, you'll love it!!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Now the wait!!!
But it's well worth it!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
bowtye

Drives: 2011 iom ss/rs convertable
yur on ya way man!
bowtye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
tonytahoe

After I posted my message about finally ordering my car,I was reading my new Motor Trend. A Reader was commenting about last month's issue which contained an article on the new Camaro convertible.He said the convertible was a car targeted at middle aged men.I laughed,because most of the people I have met and talked to on this site are so much younger.Just look at the pics of the Camaro5 fest!!--
Old 04-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #7
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytahoe View Post
After I posted my message about finally ordering my car,I was reading my new Motor Trend. A Reader was commenting about last month's issue which contained an article on the new Camaro convertible.He said the convertible was a car targeted at middle aged men.I laughed,because most of the people I have met and talked to on this site are so much younger.Just look at the pics of the Camaro5 fest!!--
and that's probably because the younger generation is much more active when it comes to using computers, thus you see them here more often.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #8
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
and that's probably because the younger generation is much more active when it comes to using computers, thus you see them here more often.
HDRDTD, I think you're right. Only reason I'm older (49) and here is I got into computers early - as a USAF Airman, operated a computer using punch cards and tapes!

So yes, the Camaro is targeted at this "middle aged man" like that old SNL skit! Reminds me of my 307 '71 Chevelle vert - with ripped top that was a rust bucket in '79 when I bought it, and even worse when I sold it in '80. Also the '69 250 powerglide Camaro I tuned up for my down the street neighbor that was also rusted out by '79. We lived on Cape Cod, really bad for rust.

I cannot turn down the chance to have the ultimate of these cars brand spankin' new, screaming orange interior, Hurst shifter with 426 horses. Yee-freaking-haa!!! I may as well have died and gone to heaven!!! The day I get this car, you will be able to stick a pin in me and I will still be ginning ear-to-ear!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:39 PM   #9
HDRDTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
HDRDTD, I think you're right. Only reason I'm older (49) and here is I got into computers early - as a USAF Airman, operated a computer using punch cards and tapes!

So yes, the Camaro is targeted at this "middle aged man" like that old SNL skit! Reminds me of my 307 '71 Chevelle vert - with ripped top that was a rust bucket in '79 when I bought it, and even worse when I sold it in '80. Also the '69 250 powerglide Camaro I tuned up for my down the street neighbor that was also rusted out by '79. We lived on Cape Cod, really bad for rust.

I cannot turn down the chance to have the ultimate of these cars brand spankin' new, screaming orange interior, Hurst shifter with 426 horses. Yee-freaking-haa!!! I may as well have died and gone to heaven!!! The day I get this car, you will be able to stick a pin in me and I will still be ginning ear-to-ear!
That's exactly how I feel right now.
Yes I'm one of the 'middle aged' group, finally got to the point where I could afford to indulge myself, and picked up a new black Vert day before yesterday.
Been wanting a Camaro for 40 years now, and another convertible for 30 years.
The new Camaro Vert fits the dream perfectly.
Getting old sucks, but right now, life is good.
And yes it's a 2SS/RS M6 with Hurst.
The price of premium gas and the milage (or lack thereof) be damned, I'm having fun.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Quote:
Yes I'm one of the 'middle aged' group, finally got to the point where I could afford to indulge myself, and picked up a new black Vert day before yesterday.
The price of premium gas and the milage (or lack thereof) be damned, I'm having fun.
Dude, that is so awesome!! You rock!!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #11
tonytahoe

Camaro Convertible

Checked on my car again today.It is already to be shipped!! That was much faster than I have been hearing about on the site.Also,the dealer said they would be putting the hood and deck lid stripes on the car.I thought the stripes went on at the factory.(Guess I thought they were clear coated over).--(2011 2SS,vert,Black,black,black,WRS,silver stripes,hurst short throw,Polished wheels.)
Old 05-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #12
ambientweather

Drives: 2011 Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Yep, I am 49 as well, had a 69 camaro I traded in for a 83 civic when I graduated college. Waited all this time for an encore.
ambientweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #13
HDRDTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytahoe View Post
Checked on my car again today.It is already to be shipped!! That was much faster than I have been hearing about on the site.Also,the dealer said they would be putting the hood and deck lid stripes on the car.I thought the stripes went on at the factory.(Guess I thought they were clear coated over).--(2011 2SS,vert,Black,black,black,WRS,silver stripes,hurst short throw,Polished wheels.)
Factory stripes are a decal, not paint, and they are applied by a company (Ground Effects Ltd I think) just a few miles from the factory. The cars get shipped down the road for the stripes, then shipped back to the plant, then it's shipped to you.
If the factory does not apply the stripes , the dealer can either apply the same decals, or for a bit more money, they can paint them on.
Painted on stripes get clear coated, I don't think the decals are.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #14
gaddied

Drives: camaro
SWEET!
I am sure that I am the only one that bought a 2SS/RS triple black one! LOL
gaddied is offline   Reply With Quote