Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 06-05-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
SShifty

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
New Member / Possible Upgrades

Hey guys, got my 2011 Camaro 2SS about 6 months back and I'm getting to the point where I'm looking to change some things. I know it looks good already, but I want to personalize mine to stand out. It is SIM with Black racing Stripes, and I have some thoughts and would enjoy some feedback on the matter.

I am looking at-

1) Black Billet Bowties

2) Tinted windows (state law is 25 where I'm at, but I was wondering if 20% was available/looks good/bad idea etc.

3) JBA Competition Exhaust

4) Black Matte Wheels (Don't know what style yet. Suggestions are more than welcome)

5) Blacked out taillights

6) And obviously a SShifty license plate!

Lastly, I am going to supercharge it get CAI etc. in due time. Just don't want to mess around under the hood until the warranty is up. Once again, all feedback is greatly appreciated and I look forward to making my baby stand out!
SShifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:19 AM   #2
mrh923

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/M6 Cyber Gray Met.
Screw the warranty...who cares?

As far as 20% tint...YES! It looks great, and makes it so much nicer to cruise in.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
SShifty

As for the warranty, that is very important for myself and my father, and do you know if cops would make a big deal about it if the law is 25% ?
Old 06-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
Glad you are enjoying your SS!

I am in the same boat as you, I had the extended warranty included in the sale of my car, as that was important to me.

So far, I have had the windows tinted at 20% in the rear, 35% on the sides... I didn't go for the billet bowties, I went for the vinyl ones instead, that way they are cheaper, and also you can switch them out as often as you want if you want to change up the color.

I added colormatched bowties to the wheels and most recently a K&N Intake system. My favorite mod was from Scott Settlemire and John Fitzpatrick tho! (seen in the intake pic)

And I had the obligatory personal plate!

I will be considering an exhaust in the future and the Heritage Grill as well. Pics for fun!

Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
SShifty

Very nice ride! Right now I'm trying to figure out which company to buy the new exhaust from. I definitely want a more muscle car-like sound. As far as performance, if I want more horsepower I will get it in another way. I am solely looking for the sound aspect in the exhaust department.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
I've been researching SLP, Borla and even the GMPP one (which I believe is made by MBRP). Still researching as the I don't have the funds right now for one!
Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #7
SShifty

Sounds good, let me know if you find any that have a real deep sound (almost like a NASCAR Stock Car). I really want a deep aggressive sound, almost to the point of being scared it will drone.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
SShifty, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #9
Black Lightning

Here is where I got mine. These are not the cheap option, but I wanted the good stuff that would last.

Bowties
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...tie-Front-Rear

Black bezels around tail lights
http://www.southerncarparts.com/cama...ls-p-3183.html

The dealership painted my tail lights and side markers.

I'm getting a Corsa exhaust put on tomorrow, but doesn't look that would be a good option for you. I wanted the least chance of drone.

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #10
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SShifty View Post
Sounds good, let me know if you find any that have a real deep sound (almost like a NASCAR Stock Car). I really want a deep aggressive sound, almost to the point of being scared it will drone.

This scary enough for you?
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #11
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Welcome!
Old 06-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #12
n2oSS

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
Drive your car around put about 10k miles on it then don't worry bout warranty and by this time you'll know if you have a lemon or not. Warranties are pretty pathetic with all the loop holes they use now days so i wouldnt even worry about that.

Also on the tint, whatever your legal limit is there go about 5% lighter. Not sure about camaro but alot of cars have a slight factory tint of like 2% so some pricks will fail you if your over 1.7% or some such number over limit
Appearance Mods:
AAC Concept Sidemarkers, P13W Plasma LED Bulbs, Iforged Classics 20".
Next Mods:
Cam and Fuel System.
n2oSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by SShifty View Post
Hey guys, got my 2011 Camaro 2SS about 6 months back and I'm getting to the point where I'm looking to change some things. I know it looks good already, but I want to personalize mine to stand out. It is SIM with Black racing Stripes, and I have some thoughts and would enjoy some feedback on the matter.

I am looking at-

1) Black Billet Bowties Go for it. I did mine in black chrome and they look much better than stock

2) Tinted windows (state law is 25 where I'm at, but I was wondering if 20% was available/looks good/bad idea etc. usually tint shops can do any percentage. 20% is something I am sure they have on hand. Gof for it, but be ready to maybe have to take it off. You could just get 25% to play it safe

3) JBA Competition Exhaust I have their 3" catback and love it. Then I got their mid pipes/high flow cats and now she's even louder

4) Black Matte Wheels (Don't know what style yet. Suggestions are more than welcome) go for it. A lot of people are doing plasti-dip for their wheels.

5) Blacked out taillights yes

6) And obviously a SShifty license plate!

Lastly, I am going to supercharge it get CAI etc. in due time. Just don't want to mess around under the hood until the warranty is up. Once again, all feedback is greatly appreciated and I look forward to making my baby stand out!
see red typing
Old 06-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #14
chris1973

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black on Black
What's funny about the warranty is that 99% of the people wont need it during the time they are covered. That's why they offer it for the amount of time they provide the coverage.

Appearance Mods: Razzi Bodykit with LEDs, 3D Carbon Side Vents, Tint, Painted Rims and Calipers,

See/hear my Camaro at
http://youtu.be/wn0Ck-cw6WQ
chris1973 is offline   Reply With Quote