Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
OT-A little rational advice please.

Two weeks ago my wife comes out the local libraary where she volunters and there's a big honkin scrape down the side of our Envoy. A note under the wiper says" sorry I scraped your car, here's my name and phone number". So I go get an estimate at the GMC/Caddy dealer where I bought the car. Estimate is $1900. They have to paint 3 panels, knock out a dent, etc. So I call the women and when I say $1900 she hangs up the phone. Since then I have called her twice, the Insurance Company (GMAC) has called twice and sent her a letter. We both, me and GMAC googled her and got her home phone and address. Anyway, GMAC is sending one more letter and making one more phone call, then they make it an uninsured motorist claim and waive my deductible ($1000) so I come out OK financially (won't impact premium). However, the beotch walks. I want vengence though I know that's not always a good idea.
HERE'S THE KICKER. tHE BEOTCH IS AN ATTORNEY AND HER HUBBY IS AN ASST. DISTRICT ATTY.
Got to walk away I think. Any thoughts?
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Vengeance? I mean, usually you want vengeance when you can't get EVERYTHING paid for with what it sounds like, no cost to you. Why do you want vengeance? Accidents happen. Be absolutely grateful that she actually left you a message, unlike most of the motorists out there who wouldn't even THINK of doing that remotely good of a deed.

Why do people have to be so spiteful?
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Was that rational enough?
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
GhostOutlaw

Drives: Black 2011 2LT/RS
It basically seems like she gets to walk away from the incident.

But you have her name and number. Police + leaving the scene of an accident = vengence. Dont know why you didnt immediately call the cops to get a report and have them take care of the rest. That would be justice.
GhostOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOutlaw View Post
It basically seems like she gets to walk away from the incident.

But you have her name and number. Police + leaving the scene of an accident = vengence. Dont know why you didnt immediately call the cops to get a report and have them take care of the rest. That would be justice.
report her to the cops. You have enough info from you and GMAC about all the calls - she has got nothing to stand on. And if she's an Attny, then the beotch can afford to cover the damage.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
You came out of it okay. Don't worry, be happy. Getting pissed off doesn't help anyone. Let it go.

There are mean, stupid, selfish people in the world. Let her be the bad guy, not you.

(BTW, I agree that it's not right!)
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
VaderSS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6sp
Police report. Then, the next step would be to file a complaint with the State Bar Association. Attorneys can be sanctioned, fined, suspended for unethical behavior. Leaving the scene of an accident may be a factor.
VaderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Honestly, I doubt there is anything that you can do. It is basically her word against yours. All she would have to do is deny she left you the note, which I'm surprised that she even left a note with how irresponsible people are these days.

On top of that, you don't even know what type of vehicle scraped your vehicle and if it's really hers anyway, so it's not like you know what to look for if you did want to seek revenge.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I agree with a couple of the statements here. The best justice is to contact the state bar and the police. Make sure you keep an original copy of that note. Be sure to give both parties the contact info for your insurance company so that it isn't your word versus hers.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #10
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
Thanks for the advice

Vengeance was perhaps too strong a word. What I want is a litte justice. I am filing a police report and we'll see where it goes from there. Thanks again.
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #11
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
You have an Office of Professional Responsibility or similar, contact them. Attorneys do not get to behave like the rest of us. The mere specter of any investigation scares the bejeebies out of them.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #12
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
I would tread lightly. While you are clearly in the right, and she is pulling a scumbag move by ducking your calls and dodging responsibility, she probably has a few friends in high places.

The world is a effed up unfair place. In the future, file a police report IMMEDEATELY. Rule number one is:
Cover
Your
ASS.

Good move on filing the police report. I would contact her again, leave a message making her aware that you have contacted the autorities. Try to bargain once more. Tell her that if she takes responsibility for her actions then you won't press charges.

If she still dodges you. Go for blood.

Good luck to you.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #13
HookemHorns

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot Convertible
Contact the Supreme Court on Professional Conduct Committee in your state to file a formal complaint. IMHO, people telling you to leave it alone is a cop-out. You have the right to go after her.
HookemHorns is offline   Reply With Quote