Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
65Elco

Drives: 65 Elcamino
Supplier/Military discount

Does anyone have any solid numbers on Supplier discount/ Military discount? Is Supplier and Military going to be the same amount?
65Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #2
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Nope, no firm numbers yet, but you are correct that the supplier and military discount should be the same. I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get some numbers out of the folks at the GM Military Discount website. Last I was told is they should be updating their information "soon". My big concern is that the supplier and/or military discount is now going to be based off of the "new" increased MSRP and not the price-protected numbers we were previously given. If that happens, then the discounts might not be nearly as good as we thought to those of us who pre-ordered. Just a thought...If you can follow my thinking!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #3
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Nope, no firm numbers yet, but you are correct that the supplier and military discount should be the same. I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get some numbers out of the folks at the GM Military Discount website. Last I was told is they should be updating their information "soon". My big concern is that the supplier and/or military discount is now going to be based off of the "new" increased MSRP and not the price-protected numbers we were previously given. If that happens, then the discounts might not be nearly as good as we thought to those of us who pre-ordered. Just a thought...If you can follow my thinking!!
Last time I looked,the MSRPs aren't changing, but the Supplier and Employee pricing has gone up.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Elco View Post
Does anyone have any solid numbers on Supplier discount/ Military discount? Is Supplier and Military going to be the same amount?
There are some unofficial numbers floating around but nothing solid from GM yet. I have been told that the info will be released in the coming weeks. There are people on here claiming that their dealer is going to give them supplier price, however official authorization numbers are not being given out at this time.

The 2009 "Camaro Concept" authorization number will NOT be accepted.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
There are some unofficial numbers floating around but nothing solid from GM yet. I have been told that the info will be released in the coming weeks. There are people on here claiming that their dealer is going to give them supplier price, however official authorization numbers are not being given out at this time.

That's good to know. I just found out from my manager today that my company's actually eligible for supplier pricing. I was most of the way through the process of getting an authorization number on the camaro concept when I thought it felt a little... off. I started checking through the official rules and eligibility lists. So far, no 2010 models are eligible, and they've said GM often won't offer it on popular brand-new models anyway.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
65Elco

Drives: 65 Elcamino
Throw out some unofficial numbers, just to entertain me
65Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
LDGn63

Drives: WNABEE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
then why the heck would they have it as an option on the gm supplier site?
that means that the mirror is 38.75% the size of the vertical windshield...
it sure seems like the ratio could be better... just sayin....

our collective MIRROR patch:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24612

Last edited by LDGn63; 04-02-2009 at 04:34 PM.
LDGn63 is offline   Reply With Quote