Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
cam fan

Drives: fast
painted caliper decal

I am going to paint my calipers G2 red and wonder what my options are for a label

I will not put on "brembo" bc they are not brembo brakes.

The some 'vettes have "corvette" written across their calipers, but us Camaro ppl already have our model label right on the fender.

I was considering having the word "CHEVROLET" in white block text to match "camaro" but in a cheap MS paint render it still looks too like much. In designing my car I prefer simplicity for the most pronounced effect.

up close:

Haven't seen any bow-tie caliper decals, but what what else is out there? VinzDecals.com will make any word (lol). Any ideas? Thanks!

#maybe.just.plain.red.works

Last edited by cam fan; 09-29-2011 at 04:48 PM.
cam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
I wanted to see how decals would look on my calipers too. Then I realized, 1. they're too small to get noticed and 2. the only thing that could go on there [tastefully] is a Chevy logo or "CAMARO" which IMO is redundant. I went with no decal and left it green.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #3
cam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
I wanted to see how decals would look on my calipers too. Then I realized, 1. they're too small to get noticed and 2. the only thing that could go on there [tastefully] is a Chevy logo or "CAMARO" which IMO is redundant. I went with no decal and left it green.

yea that makes sense - please post pix!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
Ah sorry, didn't realize you had asked for pictures. Here they are:

Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
cam fan

sweet! i will probably get mine done next week ...pix to come

I think i will order this to put on the red calipers:

oriented straight like:

...I am also getting curved with the package. I am leaning towards straight because it is a "make" not "model" label & in the case of the higher end sports car companies i.e. Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin, they apply the company name straight

Last edited by cam fan; 10-12-2011 at 09:52 PM.
cam fan is offline   Reply With Quote