Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-21-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
markrowsoft

Drives: 2011 SS Camaro w/ RS package
Sirius XM Radio Sound Quality Degraded

Has anyone noticed the sound quality with Sirius XM radio sounding severely compressed? Just this month on my daily hour commute, I can't stand listening to music anymore on XM and have switched to streaming Pandora over my cell phone to listen to music. I am not sure if it is just a problem with a repeater in my area or if this is a nationwide issue due to Sirius XM trying to fit more channels (like the backseat TV service) into their line up.

I'm about to cancel my service if it isn't resolved soon. Sirius XM support has yet to respond. Hopefully I'm not the only one that complains.
markrowsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
its satellite based, there are no repeaters. I think they compress different channels different amounts on a random basis, maybe they finally got to one that you like.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
DOOK
Wearing My BowTie

Drives: 2SS~RS VR~Black Ralley's
I have noticed the Bone Yard sounds very flat compared to others.
Almost like listening to AM.
Too bad, it's one of the only stations I like for music.

Every time my sub is about to lapse, I tell them about that, and the constant unexplained drop outs. I wind up with killer deals to keep me subscribed.
Half price at least.
Try it for your selves.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
They definitely allocate more bandwidth to some channels than others. Most of the talk channels get way less, but I've noticed lately some sounding worse also.

I'm generally an Alt Nation or Classic Vinyl kinda guy, but sometimes I'll throw on 20s on 20 for some mix and it was really horrible quality also.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
markrowsoft

Drives: 2011 SS Camaro w/ RS package
Sirius XM repeaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
its satellite based, there are no repeaters. I think they compress different channels different amounts on a random basis, maybe they finally got to one that you like.

Actually, I thought this at first as well... but there are repeaters and quite a few of them:

Here is just an example of some -

http://feedback.pdxradio.com/topic/f...-for-sirius-xm

Now whether or not there are any in my area, I am unaware.
markrowsoft is offline   Reply With Quote