Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
SS_MUSCLE

Drives: 2010 1SS IBM LS3/M6
Vehicle Service History

I was wondering if anyone out there has the ability to look up the dealer service history for a 2010 camaro. I purchased my 2010 pre-owned with 5000 miles and was just curious what may have been done as far as warranty work if any.

Thanks
SS_MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Hmmm you'd probably have to talk to a dealer. I'd recommend Becky from Rogers Chevrolet personally
Old 11-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Try a car-fax report. I bought a used Cavalier for my kid and it had low mileage. I was a little leery about it, so I took the chance with Car-Fax. The old couple that owned it passed away and willed it to their grand daughter who was selling it. Turns out they had regularly taken the car to the dealer they bought it from and got more stuff done to it than was necessary. ie. trans flush at 25,000, coolant flush, etc. Dealer just stuck it to these poor people and they didn't know better I'm sure. Mileage was accurate though. Anyway, if the previous owner had it serviced by a Chevy dealer, there's a good chance the car history will be there. Your car is under warranty so doubtful and indy shop worked on it unless it was modded.
bannonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:22 AM   #4
SS_MUSCLE

Drives: 2010 1SS IBM LS3/M6
Yeah, I had a carfax from the dealer that I purchased it from and it was a one owner vehicle as it should have been with only 5k miles and it had no service records. I always thought that dealer service would show up on carfax but it doesnt always. When I traded in my old car for the camaro the dealer printed out a carfax on it and I was the only owner and it had alot of warranty work done on it and none of it showed. My dealer "claims" that they can only see service records that were done at their particular dealership. I would have to believe that a GM tech would have access to that, because if they are trying to troubleshoot an issue they would want to see what has alredy been done to the car. Maybe I will PM Becky @ Rodgers and see if she has any info. Thanks to all that replied.
SS_MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Your dealer can pull all the history done at all the dealers it was worked on at. The history is a global thing, and can be brought up by your vin.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
NJIOMSS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Bringing this back.

Is there any website where this information is available? Or just at the GM Service Centers? I have a pre-owned vehicle as well and would like to know the service history. A carfax report does not include everything, especially a vehicle's detailed service history. Thanks
NJIOMSS is offline   Reply With Quote