Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Kudos to my dealer

I just have to give a to the dealer I'm getting my Camaro from.

I wasn't a preoder and haven't been waiting since October like most of you guys, I actually took over an early order from October that someone else cancelled, but have been treated like it's been my order from the getgo
Since I took over the order on 3/5 I've been to the dealership about 5 times, called twice and have e-mailed about a 1/2 dozen times.... and everytime have been treated like I was Avis visiting Moreno Valley .
They could have taken the original cancelled order and kept the car, put it on the lot and marked it up, like lots of other dealerships would have done... but they didn't, they passed the sale on to me at MSRP.
They have been very welcoming of all my questions and requests, right down to making some last minute changes for me this past weekend and constantly updating me with status changes and sending me documenting paperwork.
By far this has been the best experience with any dealer I've used , dating back to my very first new vehicle in 1985.... yes it was a Chevy too.
Anyway... if anyone in the area needs an honest dealership to work with they should give them a shout, I'm not exactly sure of what they have left in allocations, but you'll get an honest answer.

Ask for Frank Gaudio

Richard Chevrolet
1405 Highland Ave (Route 10)
Cheshire, CT 06410
203-651-7430

http://www.richardchevy.net/

Last edited by 3 SS's; 04-13-2009 at 10:14 AM.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
Douge
Eurotrash Connossieur

Drives: 1985 Mercedes 500SEL
IMO this is just good business and should be a standard not the exception but it is nice to hear about a dealer doing their job well.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
My salesman and even the GM have never returned a call of mine. The only way I've gotten in touch with them was to either call while they weren't busy at their desk or go in and visit in person.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
3 SS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douge View Post
IMO this is just good business and should be a standard not the exception but it is nice to hear about a dealer doing their job well.
Yes... but more often than not, it's not the case.:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
My salesman and even the GM have never returned a call of mine. The only way I've gotten in touch with them was to either call while they weren't busy at their desk or go in and visit in person.

That sucks... do they know who you are ...and what kind of work you do here at Camaro5.com
thanks for all the work on those spread sheets, I've actually sent the link to my dealer.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
DEWD!!!!!

:(

Sorry to hear this...
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
That sucks... do they know who you are ...and what kind of work you do here at Camaro5.com
thanks for all the work on those spread sheets, I've actually sent the link to my dealer.
I've already sorta caused them trouble with it lol (actually they screwed up but that's another story). Although I don't think they know. Maybe I should tell them. I've tried to convince my salesman that you can believe things you read on the internet but he isn't very receptive. I do know that he knows of this forum though. He actually mentioned it to me when I first ordered and had it bookmarked on his computer.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Since I took over the order on 3/5 I've been to the dealership about 5 times, called twice and have e-mailed about a 1/2 dozen times.... and everytime have been treated like I was Avis visiting Moreno Valley .
Old 04-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #8
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
My salesman knows I know more than he does due to this forum... Don't think he likes it too much, especially when I brought up the fact that someone at his dealership ordered 2 weeks after me and was picked up before me. Of course he didn't have a clue about any of that (inventory Mgr does though) I didn't get upset or provide any names. Just wanted him to know I knew and to keep his eye on my order.

Now I'm pretty sure he gives me the straight poop when I e-mail.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #9
3 SS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
My salesman knows I know more than he does due to this forum... Don't think he likes it too much, especially when I brought up the fact that someone at his dealership ordered 2 weeks after me and was picked up before me. Of course he didn't have a clue about any of that (inventory Mgr does though) I didn't get upset or provide any names. Just wanted him to know I knew and to keep his eye on my order.

Now I'm pretty sure he gives me the straight poop when I e-mail.
After my inital dealing with the salesman, all my info & correspondence has been directly from the sales mgr.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #10
ravensjeff
100% Chevy & Harley Man

Drives: 2010 2SS: Blown LSX 376-B15
Quote:
After my inital dealing with the salesman, all my info & correspondence has been directly from the sales mgr.
I think this is the case with all dealers. I'm sure they don't give the salesmen access to the info we need. I ordered from a Md dealer and am getting updates from the order rep in Ohio.
ravensjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
peswolf

Drives: 2010 v6 camaro silver
My dealer is Jeff Gordon Chevy in wilmington n.c. These guys are on top of all new camaro orders they have taken.Mickey and the sales manager Tony have been up front and honest right from start,answered the phone every time I call.I couldn't ask for beter service.These guys want me in my car.I feel sorry for the people who are not getting treated as well from their dealer
peswolf is offline   Reply With Quote