Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-20-2011, 01:39 AM   #1
Kwill

Drives: Orange RS Black Stripes
Blown Engine Round 2

Was on a trip around the island the other day when I thought I heard the dreadful knock again... 2 miles down the road I was calling a tow truck to pick me up. I was coming up on the time to change my oil mark though my oil meter said I was good. Checked the dip stick and I had a good amount of oil (took a pictures for proof). The dealership called me the next day I came down, they showed me that my car didn't have any oil... though they didn't directly me blame me this time, and gave me a loaner car (Last time I was blamed and wasn't given a loaner car for about a month). The mechanic told me that when he used to work for Cadillac and that they used to have problems with the CTS and DTS burning oil. They wouldn't show signs of smoke or oil leaks it would just burn inside the engine. Last time mine was a snapped rod so I am assuming it's the same issue, I am convinced my car is a lemon though. Just wanted to let you guys know that the mechanic told me the cts which I believe has the same engine? had this issue. (according to the mechanic here)
Kwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:51 AM   #2
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
Are you serious? another one? i am sorry for hearing this, i myself, am going to thru this right now. i am suppose to hopefully get my car back today ( turned her in the 12-5-11 )

as i mention in my thread we have to go back old school and start checking out oil! as i said too. i drive hard and Daily Driver my car so for me atleast. im going to check my oils monday and fridays.

please post in the other threads about blown motors! didnt have a chance to get a video? was it like mine?

my video

http://s707.photobucket.com/albums/w...6-10-52-15.mp4
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:55 AM   #3
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
Damn sorry to hear all this problems with this engines are making me wanna jump to a v8.

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:57 AM   #4
xpanda305x
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thanniversary View Post
Damn sorry to hear all this problems with this engines are making me wanna jump to a v8.
Honestly...not even that. it makes me wanna get a different car at times. but now i know to just check my oil!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:01 AM   #5
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
Honestly...not even that. it makes me wanna get a different car at times. but now i know to just check my oil!
I really don't think I can jump to another car but a Camaro. I guess I should start checking my oil also.

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:04 AM   #6
xpanda305x
Banned

me neither. my mom keeps telling me to sell it ( has stopped lately )but i cant. as i said

i posted it on FB and ill tell everyone

its not ( IMO ) that our motors are crap its just they eat oil like a fat kid eats cake and it doesnt tell us. all we have to do as others have mention...

check your oil either every fill up of gas or as i am going to do Mondays and Fridays ( before the weekend and after the weekend type thing ) add as needed and change oils every 3k or 5k as needed ( if at 3k its bad add or change you get me )

also i dont know if it will help but buy a oil catch can. im going to order one this week hopefully before i leave on vacation so when i get back i have to install a oil catch can , vararam and tune my car ( trifecta )
Old 12-20-2011, 03:16 AM   #7
Kwill

Oh I know how bad it sucks this is my second time dealing with it... my engine was rebuilt back in July I was without my car for two months.

I will read up on everyones post too see if it's the same issue, which i believe it may be. I will also ask the guy who told me about the CTS engine/oil issue to elaborate more on the topic tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:17 AM   #8
Kwill

@xpanda305x Good to hear it only took about two weeks. Did they rebuild or replace the engine? Hopefully replace!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:19 AM   #9
xpanda305x
Banned

they said replace the motor but the thing. my stepdad told me they might just replace the top end or the bottom end which ever was messed up you get me?

what im wondering and going to have to ask...am i gonna have to re-breaking the motor? i doubt they will put a motor with zero miles?
Old 12-20-2011, 03:33 AM   #10
Kwill

Well the first time they just rebuilt mine (don't know what they'll do this time). If they said they'll replace it they'll probably just give you a new engine.

After about two weeks of having mine back I took it in for having an odd whistling and tapping sound, they said it was normal. Now here about 6 months later I am back without a car.

Here in Hawaii the lemon law states we must allow three attempts on an issue, unless it's a serious issue that could result in possible injury or death. In the case that it's a serious issue you must allow one repair and you can claim lemon on the second. I'm going to attempted to claim lemon law, because if it were to give out while I'm on the hwy and I lost power steering no telling what could happen.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:37 AM   #11
xpanda305x
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwill View Post
Well the first time they just rebuilt mine (don't know what they'll do this time). If they said they'll replace it they'll probably just give you a new engine.

After about two weeks of having mine back I took it in for having an odd whistling and tapping sound, they said it was normal. Now here about 6 months later I am back without a car.

Here in Hawaii the lemon law states we must allow three attempts on an issue, unless it's a serious issue that could result in possible injury or death. In the case that it's a serious issue you must allow one repair and you can claim lemon on the second. I'm going to attempted to claim lemon law, because if it were to give out while I'm on the hwy and I lost power steering no telling what could happen.

i do recall my car having a weird whining sound and clacking sound on start up while it warmed up and such but after that nothing. i thought oh maybe a belt or something but i guess it was this!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #12
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Your rebuild crapped out?

So far between your rebuild, mine, and one other member I know got his rebuilt a while back when my engine went, of those three 2 have failed.

This is my worry as well...
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:49 AM   #13
xpanda305x
Banned

yours failed darkness?

but it failed again with oil? if my motor takes a shit again i swear im calling lemon. 2 years with this car and ive had my transmission replaced and now my motor.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #14
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Wow.

So Kwill...you said you checked the dip stick after the engine failure and it looked fine, but yet the dealership said it was very low on oil? So when you checked the oil, did you clean off the dipstick and then measure...or just pull it out and look?