Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
BloodUSMC
Blood Sucking War Machine

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - A6
Noise of plastic rubbing dashboard

Im not sure if it has anything to do with the cold weather but recently whenever my car shakes (bumps, potholes, etc.) I hear this plastic rubbing noise coming from the dashboard area. also when i push the brakes and almost coming to full stop I hear some noise from windshield or dashboard like as if its about to come off. not sure how to explain it but it doesn't sound normal.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
ny27la

Drives: 2012 Black LT
I have a 2012 and I'm hearing something similar to what you are describing. Not sure but I thought it was cause the car is new and everything is setting in.
ny27la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
TAPSHIFT

Drives: '11 IBM 2SS/RS '16 1GB Z51 ragtop
Noise of plastic rubbing dashboard

I am experiencing the same issue when it is very cold out. I had the same issue with the rear window "parcel shelf" earlier in the year and had it rectified by the dealer. That is a known issue and an easy fix. I suspect it is the same problem with the dash/windshield.
TAPSHIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Is yours like a ticking/clicking/squeezing? My 2011 has started doing this too. I got mine Janurary of this year. And I think it may have to do with the cold also. I didn't want to post another thread about this because I have posted two threads about noises before and people probably think I'm crazy. But this is a new one and noises drive me absolutely insane.
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
BloodUSMC
Blood Sucking War Machine

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caroline View Post
Is yours like a ticking/clicking/squeezing? My 2011 has started doing this too. I got mine Janurary of this year. And I think it may have to do with the cold also. I didn't want to post another thread about this because I have posted two threads about noises before and people probably think I'm crazy. But this is a new one and noises drive me absolutely insane.
I think its all 3 noise. I will take it to the dealer on saturday.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
My Caroline

Let me know in a PM how it goes or a solution to the problem. I would take it to my dealership but last time I went in for a noise they claimed to have fixed it and it showed up the next day. I think I need to have my passenger side seatbelt buckle replaced. The seatbelt squeaks and they took it off an greased the attachment, but I think it is something inside the buckle.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Let us know how things go with your dealer Blood. I hope it's a quick fix. Caroline, are there any other GM dealers in your area? If you're unhappy with your current dealer you can always try another. Let me know if that helps at all.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #8
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
We called this condition, "the cold creaks". You should have heard them in the Gen 3 cars when the weather turned cold. My IROC sounded like it was about to come apart on a 25 degree day.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #9
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
its the cold. Happens to all my cars. For instance, in the morning when it was 55 deg (nothing compared to other places but 55 is cold here in Socal) , I hear rattling etc...by time I go to lunch, car has been sitting in the sun at 60 deg and the rattles were gone.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
We called this condition, "the cold creaks". You should have heard them in the Gen 3 cars when the weather turned cold. My IROC sounded like it was about to come apart on a 25 degree day.
Ya I remember the 3rd gen.rattled all the time esp. the t-tops
I had an '85 Z28.absolutely loved that car.
but I love my 5th gen even more and knock on wood no rattles but it is in hibernation until spring.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #11
My Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Let us know how things go with your dealer Blood. I hope it's a quick fix. Caroline, are there any other GM dealers in your area? If you're unhappy with your current dealer you can always try another. Let me know if that helps at all.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
No it's not so much that I'm unhappy with my dealership. Loved the dealer, in fact he's a good family friend and an big reson I have my camaro, it's the service department in not so happy with. They don't seem to take me seriously, probably because I'm 17. During my break in period the car had a weird whine and they told me it was just the transmission and that it was nothing to worry about (it wasn't the transmission) but it later went away and hasn't come back. But like I said above, they don't fix my seatbelt squeak and they didn't fix my window squeak. So I'm afraid they won't fix the "cold creaks". In my first car, a 2005 Malibu, they had to reset the windshield to stop the creaks. Of course, they were all the time and even made a bit of a draft. But they fixed it just fine so it's kinda hit and miss.

I do have other dealers around. But they are not close. The next closest is about 30 minutes and the dealer that installed my remote start is about an hour an a half. Like I said, I like my dealer, just not so much the service department.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #12
doubletrouble

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary
Are 2012 makes noise, sounds like it is coming from the right side of the dash by the windshield. I thought at first it was the temperary paper license plate rubbing on the dash but it still does it without the temp tag.
2012 45th Anniversary 2SS ~ powder coated factory wheels w/ black lug nuts, tinted windows, factory strut tower brace, Elite Engineering catch can, OEM-sub box, ambient lighting, trunk mat, Black billet front and rear bowties, tinted front and rear side marker lights, tinted fog lights, ADM race air intake with scoop, Roto Fab washer bottle, Black SS strut tower covers, Kooks long tube headers with full Kooks exhaust, Janetty Racing email tune. Best 1/4 mile time so far 13.80
doubletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #13
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Mine's squeaking too, passenger side windshield/a-pillar area.

My 2010 2LT never made this noise, and it was a daily driver through 2 winters. Keep us posted. Haven't made it to the dealer yet.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #14
My Caroline

I should add that mine is also in the passenger A pillar/dash area. Seems like thats the place for multiple posters in this thread.