Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 03-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #43
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
That's a good crew you have there!
Old 03-24-2012, 12:50 AM   #44
RamGrad

Drives: '11 2LT/RS Vert, '68 Chevy C10
Looks great!! Congrats on the new Camaro Cave!!!
RamGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #45
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Looking good Ruby! Looks like you have a great crew building it for you.
What all have you planned for inside?
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #46
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Wow they are making good progress you will be parking in there really soon at this pace.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #47
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
We went out & got a couple more things we needed today so the electrician can get his work done tomorrow. We hooked up the fountain to be sure it works (not in it's intended place in front of the garage). I also planted some climbing roses by the carport fence & some vines by the ornamental fences on the other side of the house. We also added a new trellis for the vine in front of the house to grow on. Mike & I decided to take down the rails on the front porch & re-do the posts. (I will have to look for some before pics of the house when I have more time) Mike started work on one post but the rest of that job will have to wait. 2 Camaros needed quick baths. Funny how a new Garage necesitates sprucing up things around the outside of the house. Here are some pics:
Attached Images

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 03-25-2012 at 10:09 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:34 AM   #48
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Looks really nice! What are your plans for the inside.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:51 AM   #49
pistolgripcopo1
pistolgripcopo1

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Carbon fiber gray
Well Ruby looks like you have a really nice place there, It'll be nice to be able to work on your mods all year round. Great.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #50
RubyCamaro
Jan

Well the framer crew finished their part today. The electrician did not come today. Supposedly he & the garage door guy will to come tomorrow & the gutter folks on Wed or Th. Then it will be time to pour the concrete drive. Here are some pics from today and a pic of the outside lights & coaxle cable yet to be installed:
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #51
garcmol

That looks really good. What are the plans for the upstairs? Just light storage?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #52
RubyCamaro
Jan

Okay to answer a few questions. As for the inside of the house, well it is in need of a good bit of sprucing up of it's own but it will have to wait until after the garage is completey done, probably at least next year. A new dishwasher will be needed soon, but painting the walls, new curtains/window coverings for some rooms, making my son's room into an office/craft room after he leaves for the army, maybe re-dos for the bathrooms, and a few other things will just have to wait. As for the upstairs of the garage, yeah, just storage for now. The framers left us a good bit of left-over wood so we will use it to fill in more of the attic floor & maybe some shelving. We will get a TV for the garage & some new speakers for an old stereo system Mike currently has in the shed that will move to the garage. There are cabinets & counters (they never used) at my parents house we will install. Mike & I will have someone come & do insulation then we will put pegboard on the upper walls & bead board on the lower with chair rail between. We have not decided yet on the floor covering. We want to put small shelves around the walls for our model cars & hotwheels & plan of course to move all trophys, plaques & car related things out there. I am making a collage from pics of our cars & probaply will get some metal signs, maybe a Chevy shop light, a small refrigerator, Chevy stools & a few other things to spruce it up inside. All gradually of course. Thanks everyone for all the kind words. It is fun to see what you think of it. Feel free to give any thoughts or ideas as we are still deciding on things as we go. We are having a blast watching it all come together. Mike is like a kid, he just can't stop hanging out, out there, looking at it out the windows & talking about it. He may never come in the house again after it is finished. LOL
Old 03-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #53
garcmol

Very cool read. The reason I asked about the upstairs is I see the garage is 28' x 28'. I'm not a builder so I may be just a nervous person. Anyway, since the trusses span the entire length, are the bottom beams large enough to support a decent amount of weight? Trusses, again not a builder, I believe are designed to support the weight of the room and transfer it to the exterior walls. I don't know if they are built to support additional weight in the center. Maybe a builder will chime in here.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #54
RubyCamaro
Jan

They knew we planned to use the attic area as storage & they installed the partial attic flooring & the attic access ladder so I would hope they figured that in. Mike commented that they were using some sort of special bracing that is supposed to be for hurricane force winds (new codes?). As for weight, we are no spring chickens so I doubt we will be hauling any heavy stuff up there but even so I know weight can add up. The builders seem to be doing a really good job so I assume they do know what they are doing. If anyone that is a builder sees anything to the contrary or can tell me what to check, that would be good. They come pretty highly recomended, both the parent company (Outback Builders) and this particular contractor/franchisee(sp?). Mike checked them out on-line pretty thouroughly along with the other contractors we got bids from. This guy impressed Mike from the get-go. He looked at our cars & said "How about I get you 10' wide garage doors so getting in & out will be easier for you". No one else even mentioned that as a possibility. He has done several things like that to try to accomodate our needs rather than putting some cookie-cutter garage up. The crews have all been real hard workers who seem to do good work. I'm no builder either but my dad was & Mike's dad too. We have both have heard enough things from them to have a pretty good feeling about these guys. I hope I'm right. Good thought to consider though for sure. Anyone feel free to chime in.

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 03-27-2012 at 12:14 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #55
garcmol

Okay, cool. It's going to be really nice!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #56
RubyCamaro
Jan

It was too dark for pics today when I got home, but there was nothing too impressive to see anyway. They worked on the wiring but have more to do tomorrow if the weather does not stop them (slight chance of severe storms). That is all for tonight.