Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
austin
Team LFX - 45TH RS

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th
Warranty mods

I posted this in another section but since these mods fit in this section i am posting it again here.

After searching this forum, emailing dealerships (with no reply as of yet) and googling, I get more confused because of conflicting info. Here is my question: Up until now I have only done appearance mods. There are 3 performance mods that I would like to do but I don't want to void any part of the power train warranty. Would any one or more of these void the warranty? 1. CAI 2. Oil catch can 3. MRT V2 axle back exhaust

Thanks in advance for any replies.

austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
None of these should have any impact on your warranty other then the parts you've changed (obviously).

With that said, if you have a bad dealership they "can try" and void your warranty for any mod but it's highly unlikely for bolt on's like you mentioned.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
I posted this in your other thread as well. But no they will not void your warranty. IF they find that your aftermarket part(s) is what caused the problem then yes they will deny your warranty claim. That does NOT mean your warranty is voided. The ONLY way to void your powertrain warranty completely is by tuning the car.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin View Post
I posted this in another section but since these mods fit in this section i am posting it again here.

After searching this forum, emailing dealerships (with no reply as of yet) and googling, I get more confused because of conflicting info. Here is my question: Up until now I have only done appearance mods. There are 3 performance mods that I would like to do but I don't want to void any part of the power train warranty. Would any one or more of these void the warranty? 1. CAI 2. Oil catch can 3. MRT V2 axle back exhaust

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Depends on your dealer. I have all of these mods, and my dealer has not voided my warranty. My dealer told me they'd install my longtubes and not void my warranty either, though, so it varies. Make friends at the dealer! I bring them cookies and stuff sometimes Technically the dealer can try to void your warranty for ANYTHING you alter, but most of them aren't jerks like that in my experience, and even then they'd have to prove that your bolt-on caused the failure.

Mod away! Have fun with it!

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
austin
Team LFX - 45TH RS

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th
Makes sense. Thank you.

austin is offline   Reply With Quote