Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
atver22

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Synergy Green
Issues the last few days.

Ok so i love my car but the last few days it has just not been acting right. It goes into the dealer on Thursday but thought i would see what you guys think. Here is the write up i have prepared for the dealer. The lost ability to spin the tires from a stop is really pissing me off. I dont do it very often but i like to know i can.

Friday. Running on interstate at about 75mph in Sport mode with traction control and stability off went to paddle shift from 5th to 6th. Received Shift Denied. Clicked into D never waited a few min, never felt it go to 6th. Clicked it back to S, it still showed in 5th. Tried again to go to 6th no luck. Down shifted to 4th then back to 5th then tried to go to 6th. Still “Shift Denied” Pulled off interstate, put in Park, Shutdown car, Restarted car, put in S turned off stability and traction, paddle shifted up to 6th no issues.

Saturday. No shift issues but car not running right. Seems to be low on power (Sluggish non responsive). Had ¼ tank fuel. Ran it till almost empty. Put fresh tank of 93 in from good gas station. Ran it still seems low on power. Wont even chirp tires from stop. From Stop in S traction and Stability off it used to spin tires from stop sign if I punched it now barely chirps.

Sunday. Still low power. On interstate, Driving in D with traction and stability on, at 75mph car drops into AFM, the entire car shakes and the exhaust changes sound to a terrible hum/chugging. Usually when AFM kicks in the car does a slight bump and the exhaust sound changes slightly.

Monday. Running around town in S with Traction and Stability off. Come to stop light in second. Click paddle to drop to 1st get shift denied. At next light try to drop to 1st while still moving, Receive Shift Denied again. Pull in to parking lot. Go to P, kill engine, restart car, Go to S turn off Traction and Stability, shows 1M drives fine rest of day. Note still seems low on power.

Tuesday. Fire up car for the day. Get “Reduced Power” on console. Car feels sluggish and non-responsive.

Any thoughts would be appreciated so i can compare what the dealer comes back with to what you guys come back with. I trust your guys ideas better than the dealer some days.

Thanks.
atver22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
is the car stock?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
atver22

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Synergy Green
Yes the only thing that is changed on the car is the GMPP Exhaust.
atver22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
weak MAF?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Crime2
Got Boost?

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
Bad gas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. If is spelllled wrong deal with it.
Crime2 is offline   Reply With Quote