Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 04-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
WhiteLightning'11
Samantha Wiley

Drives: 2011 White Chevrolet Camaro
Talking Sponsor's

I am looking for a sponsor for my car. If you know of anyone please let me know. Thank you.
WhiteLightning'11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
just to let you know, this isn't how getting a sponsorship works. Usually its through having a good relationship with the vendor over a long period of time etc etc
Old 04-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning'11 View Post
I am looking for a sponsor for my car. If you know of anyone please let me know. Thank you.
What exactly are you looking for??
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:

Let me chime in as well for a learning experience. You must prove yourself to get sponsored, and it takes more than just a post or an email to build relationships and prove to them you are willing to push their products. I can assure you there are thousands of cars that seek sponsorship and do it the wrong way. Remember they have the power and you have to prove to them why they should pick you over thousands of others and give you free or discounted products. It is very much like an interview.

2010 Aqua Blue, K&N CAI, RK Side skirts, hood, and spoiler. Borla Exhaust/CATS, 22 TSW Wheels, Fidanza Short Shifter and Flywheel, performance chip, Halo's. Twin Turbo in progress!
ElektraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektraSS View Post
Let me chime in as well for a learning experience. You must prove yourself to get sponsored, and it takes more than just a post or an email to build relationships and prove to them you are willing to push their products. I can assure you there are thousands of cars that seek sponsorship and do it the wrong way. Remember they have the power and you have to prove to them why they should pick you over thousands of others and give you free or discounted products. It is very much like an interview.
exactly. For the vendor it's a business decision: how does sponsoring you make them money?
Old 04-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
WhiteLightning'11
Samantha Wiley

Wow. Thanks for the info. I really didn't know how it worked, I just knew of a guy that was sponsored but he drove a foreign car too. That is great information. Thank you!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Wow. Thanks for the info. I really didn't know how it worked, I just knew of a guy that was sponsored but he drove a foreign car too. That is great information. Thank you!
Anytime! I have some sponsors and can assure you they require a very indepth analysis of what you have, what you want, why you want it, and how does it benefit them in giving you products. The key is proving that you are a true key to their success in promoting the product such as "car shows" not just local ones, websites, any media, of course word of mouth. I keep track of my shows, websites, and people I send over to the companies to help them and myself continue a good relationship. Again it is an interview, why should they chose you? You really need to seperate yourself. Hope that helps, and goodluck.

2010 Aqua Blue, K&N CAI, RK Side skirts, hood, and spoiler. Borla Exhaust/CATS, 22 TSW Wheels, Fidanza Short Shifter and Flywheel, performance chip, Halo's. Twin Turbo in progress!
ElektraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #8
WhiteLightning'11
Samantha Wiley

That is great to know. Thank you. Your car looks great btw!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #9
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektraSS View Post
Anytime! I have some sponsors and can assure you they require a very indepth analysis of what you have, what you want, why you want it, and how does it benefit them in giving you products. The key is proving that you are a true key to their success in promoting the product such as "car shows" not just local ones, websites, any media, of course word of mouth. I keep track of my shows, websites, and people I send over to the companies to help them and myself continue a good relationship. Again it is an interview, why should they chose you? You really need to seperate yourself. Hope that helps, and goodluck.

As a manufacturer for one of the most popular CAI's on the market for the Camaro, a sponsor for many cars, forums, clubs, races and events, I would have to say that what he just said is great advice. Remember, companies like us get multiple calls/emails a week (sometimes a day) requesting we get on board as a sponsor. We get on board for a lot of things, but there is always time spent researching the return before a commitment is made. I would say the more you come across as a professional, and as a business opportunity to speculative sponsors the better. Approaching a vendor and saying "Hey I have a new Camaro and am looking for sponsors" with nothing more in terms of details of the build you have planned and the exposure it will get, screams nothing more than "I want free stuff". Hopefully this helps you out, good luck!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote