Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Rx tb is on the way!

I'm pretty excited about this one hoping that it will really increase my throttle response and mitigate that hesitation. I hope I'm not expecting too much with all the raving reviews. I say that cuz I was a tad disappointed with the black ice cuz all the reviews are so glowing and I did notice a difference but becuase of the reviews I was expecting more. So what is a realistic expectation on the ported tb?
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
You will notice a quicker throttle response. Not drastic but it helped a lot. You been modding a lot lately. Keep it up bro!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Yeah buddy.... that is the way to goo... go big or go home.. yeah he has been getting everything out there for the LLT

Well just in time for spring/summer time.. enjoy the extra drivability and the few extra ponnies..
Old 04-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
aron77

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
You will notice a quicker throttle response. Not drastic but it helped a lot. You been modding a lot lately. Keep it up bro!
Oh yeah I've been going crazy lately. I want a spoiler, leaning towards a black mpd or maybe a black stock style, and the factory cupholder/footwell lighting and if I get those two on then I'm definatly going to be slowing down. However that plenium spacer is intruiging me and if the reviews start singing its praise then...
Old 04-19-2012, 01:09 AM   #5
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Geeked up to hear your review!

Thank you again for your support,
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
jealous
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:17 AM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I'd expect the feeling that the car has more get up and response from low rpms and in situations like where you're pulling out onto a road...but other than that not too much. I think it did show some gains on the dyno, but really it won't be noticeable on the upper rpm range.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #8
aron77

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'd expect the feeling that the car has more get up and response from low rpms and in situations like where you're pulling out onto a road...but other than that not too much. I think it did show some gains on the dyno, but really it won't be noticeable on the upper rpm range.
I hope your right cuz that exaxtly why i bought it, throttle reaponse and mainly on the low end.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
I just bought a used TB from someone that sold his V6 & I painted it CGM..Now do I need to put a clear on it or will it do fine with just the paint?
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set

Last edited by RickRay; 04-20-2012 at 02:03 PM.
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
I wanted to clarify the VMax CNC throttle bodies are designed by Pete Incaudo of VMax so there is no confusion. We work hand in hand with Pete on many products from development to production, put he gets the credit for the genius behind these and the VMax name should be the brand that you look for. Even though we see power gains (not so much at peak RPM, mostly in the low & mid ranges) but the increased throttle respnse is the main reason for this mod and the power gains are nice icing on the cake.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #11
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
I'm looking forward to hearing what you think after the install. I've been really close to ordering but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm getting really close...
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #12
aron77

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
I'm looking forward to hearing what you think after the install. I've been really close to ordering but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm getting really close...
I put it on in less than 20mins and I'm happy with it. I haven't gotten much of a chance to play around with it yet but while I still feel some hesitation in there from the dead spot it does feel better. I chirped the tires in second today but not in the normal way in a fast take off. I was stuck behind a slow poke just rolling in second but when they got out of my way I gave it a little rev and then let the clutch out, you know like hey get the f out of the way, and I chirped the tires. I normally get second gear scratch if I'm really taking off fast from a stop but this was the first time I have chirped them while rolling in second and then getting on it so I'm attributing that to the tb.
Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
Old 04-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #13
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Sounding great so far!!

Glad we could help ya out on this and please do let us know your thoughts after getting more time to enjoy it!

Thanks!
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #14
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
I wanted to clarify the VMax CNC throttle bodies are designed by Pete Incaudo of VMax so there is no confusion. We work hand in hand with Pete on many products from development to production, put he gets the credit for the genius behind these and the VMax name should be the brand that you look for. Even though we see power gains (not so much at peak RPM, mostly in the low & mid ranges) but the increased throttle response is the main reason for this mod and the power gains are nice icing on the cake.
I also thought it stops the hesitation when you give it gas. In the last few days & just a while ago it is still doing it on mine...so for me it has the same problem as before...
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote