Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
How do you go about tuning out AFM?

Just how does a person go about tuning out the AFM. I am looking for a simple way to turn off the AFM. How do you do it? Where do you go? What is involved? What do you all recommend. Is there other things you get with a tune when turning off AFM? Or can you just turn it off and leave everything else the same. And I do understand about the warranty. Thanks for any info you can give me.
GMTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
Old 04-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
Just how does a person go about tuning out the AFM. I am looking for a simple way to turn off the AFM. How do you do it? Where do you go? What is involved? What do you all recommend. Is there other things you get with a tune when turning off AFM? Or can you just turn it off and leave everything else the same. And I do understand about the warranty. Thanks for any info you can give me.
Simple Call me or go here and place your order.

http://jreperformanceparts.com/gm/20...10-camaro.html
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
You open this portion of the tune and set DOD to disable. Then you flash the tune back into the car.
Attached Images

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

I don't think he has HPtuner or the like.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I don't think he has HPtuner or the like.
You are correct. And you must be Ted. I have read where people say, "See Ted", for a tune. I may be calling you with some questions in the near future, Thank You for replying.
I am at the beginning stage of learning about computer tuning a car. I have been reading this forum alot since I bought my Camaro in March. I see where many people have a tune on their cars. But how? From picking up the phone, or going to a speed shop, or ordering online, some hand held device and doing it yourself. I just do not know where to start, but I am going to find out now. I have never had a reason to tune a car until now. And the AFM is the reason why.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
You are correct. And you must be Ted. I have read where people say, "See Ted", for a tune. I may be calling you with some questions in the near future, Thank You for replying.
I am at the beginning stage of learning about computer tuning a car. I have been reading this forum alot since I bought my Camaro in March. I see where many people have a tune on their cars. But how? From picking up the phone, or going to a speed shop, or ordering online, some hand held device and doing it yourself. I just do not know where to start, but I am going to find out now. I have never had a reason to tune a car until now. And the AFM is the reason why.
I tune the cars Via Email and the use of the Handheld I gave you a link to above.

These are the instructions to walk you through the process.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207728

Thank you for Choosing JRE.

Ted.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #8
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
If you have access to HP Tuners, I offer mail order tunes for $150.00
Check with your local Corvette or Camaro club and you'll find a buddy with the tuning software.
www.TampaTuning.com
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
Dznyfn

Drives: 13 1SS Vert, 05 Tahoe Z71, 67 RS/SS
Quote:
Jannetty Tune for the win, I waited a year because was scared of the void to the power train warranty, but should have done this MUCH earlier. Absolutlely awesome car now, service was extraordinary and fast!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznyfn View Post
Jannetty Tune for the win, I waited a year because was scared of the void to the power train warranty, but should have done this MUCH earlier. Absolutlely awesome car now, service was extraordinary and fast!!!!
Did you do it yourself? Is it easy to do. Can anybody with a little computer knowledge do it?
Old 04-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
nukemustang

Drives: 2017 Raptor, 2017 SS
Quote:
Did you do it yourself? Is it easy to do. Can anybody with a little computer knowledge do it?
More than likely he is one of the thousand people that have had Mr. Jannetty work miracles on our L99s. HIGHLY recommend him!

SOLD:2016 2SS Red Hot Convertible with black metallic rally stripes
SOLD:2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS Convertible. Completed modifications: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation.
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #12
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemustang View Post
More than likely he is one of the thousand people that have had Mr. Jannetty work miracles on our L99s. HIGHLY recommend him!
Yes, I think I will be talking to Ted soon. Thanks
Old 04-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #13
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Quote:
YEs the handheld tuner is as easy as it gets. Plug it in the OBII port and press a few buttons. Your good as gold.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Get an SCT handheld tuner from Ted Jannetty... link already provided... Then you can simply turn AFM off yourself and if you need any further tuning or help Ted is always there for you. Top Notch customer service...