Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Steve@HPE

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
HP Tuners Tune File for Turbo Setup

Hey guys,
I'm wondering if anyone has a tune for their turbo setup, perferaby one for a 416 stroker motor in HP Tuners format.

I want to use it just for comparison with my tune; I've had to disable the dynamic airflow section of my tune to get it running marginally well and I want to see if that's what others have had to do.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
Did you check Hptuners tune depository? Might get lucky.
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
Steve@HPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
Did you check Hptuners tune depository? Might get lucky.
Yea, I checked but didn't see any turbo tunes
Old 04-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
Roger Ramjet
Motor Head

Drives: CTS-V
I have a 07 Corvette TT on stock engine tune file but I don't think that will help. With that engine I would force pure MAF mode.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Steve, just had a discussion with a gentleman over the weekend about an 08 TT LS7 vette built by a Big name shop. In order to get it to run satisfactorily he ended up having to switch to an aftermarket MAF and switching to MAF only. I believe he was in the 11-1200HP range. He also mentioned having to do a good amount of tweaking to transient fueling. I know it isn't really what you're looking for but it confirms Roger's opinion and at least gives you something to think about.
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Chris-HPS

Drives: 2008Corvette
Sounds like you need to convert the OS to a 2 bar with that setup. This will give you a actual VE table to work off of along with a boost enrichment table as well. I have a turbo file using maf only as well.
Call me in the am. I can email both of them to you.

Chris

678-551-8422
Chris-HPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
Chris-HPS

Drives: 2008Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
Steve, just had a discussion with a gentleman over the weekend about an 08 TT LS7 vette built by a Big name shop. In order to get it to run satisfactorily he ended up having to switch to an aftermarket MAF and switching to MAF only. I believe he was in the 11-1200HP range. He also mentioned having to do a good amount of tweaking to transient fueling. I know it isn't really what you're looking for but it confirms Roger's opinion and at least gives you something to think about.

That vette should of been converted to a 2.5bar OS system to give them a actual VE tables as well as a boost enrichment. Much better fuel control. Gets rid of the Virtual VE all together.

Chris
Chris-HPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
NC-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-HPS View Post
That vette should of been converted to a 2.5bar OS system to give them a actual VE tables as well as a boost enrichment. Much better fuel control. Gets rid of the Virtual VE all together.

Chris
I agree and suggested changing OS (Normally runs about 6-8lbs, 15+ lb capable), but it was delivered to him with the factory OS retuned... not up to par. Up to this point he has been fooling around working with it himself to fix issues and was surprisingly knowledgeable. Definitely the best and easiest way would be an upgraded OS, but if running low-moderate boost you can make it work on MAF.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
Steve@HPE

Quote:
Sounds like you need to convert the OS to a 2 bar with that setup. This will give you a actual VE table to work off of along with a boost enrichment table as well. I have a turbo file using maf only as well.
Call me in the am. I can email both of them to you.

Chris

678-551-8422
Fantastic Chris, I'll give you a call.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #10
Steve@HPE

Quote:
Honestly I've been questioning the performance of this stock GM MAF. I have a honeycomb inside the intake tube about 6" before the MAF, but it still seems to generate erratic readings.

I think an aftermarket MAF may be in order, do you have any idea what he used?

Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:53 AM   #11
NC-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@HPE View Post
Honestly I've been questioning the performance of this stock GM MAF. I have a honeycomb inside the intake tube about 6" before the MAF, but it still seems to generate erratic readings.

I think an aftermarket MAF may be in order, do you have any idea what he used?

Thanks for the reply.
I honestly didn't even think to ask him, sorry. He was having the same issue with erratic readings. Are your readings spiking and falling or just kind of all over the place? Your not running some unusually large intake tube are you?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #12
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Quote:

Chris
You can tune the VE coefficients in the GM OS pretty easily without converting to the speed density setup, on the new Camaro's the only real benefits to the enhanced OS that I see are the boost enrichment and the fan control...I guess it's easier to deal directly with a VE table, but that's all you are doing with the tools available to help tune the VVE as well...just dealing with a table inside of a different program and then asking it to build the VVE coefficients for you. The MAF limit on the GM OS is 4000 grams/second and 15,000 hz, the IFR limit is 127 lbs/hour, and you can easily configure MAP sensor linear and offset numbers in the GM OS as well...and the new MAP will still work with VVE

Quote:
I agree and suggested changing OS (Normally runs about 6-8lbs, 15+ lb capable), but it was delivered to him with the factory OS retuned... not up to par. Up to this point he has been fooling around working with it himself to fix issues and was surprisingly knowledgeable. Definitely the best and easiest way would be an upgraded OS, but if running low-moderate boost you can make it work on MAF.
I'd argue that even with high boost, you can make it work with the original GM OS in the E38 in these Camaro's...If you're up against a big turbo that spools at drastically different RPM's depending on gear/vehicle speed, then the enhanced OS is nice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steck@Craven View Post
You can do this all day on the stock operating system with the GM card MAF. There's nothing to it, especially since Camaros don't have the low IFR limit and have adjustable spark axis labels.

It will run smoother if you tune both the MAF and VE.
It's especially noticeable in transient fueling...if you dial in MAF and VE, the original transient stuff seems to function better...when you go MAF only that side of the tune seems to need a lot more attention...at least in my experience.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #13
Steve@HPE

Mike, any tips on tuning the VE coefficients?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #14
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Yeah man, use this program http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=198041

Reference post #32 on that thread.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote