Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
any know who bought #440?

i was just curious as its the one we almost bought from d. maus chevy and i hear it has sold finally. wondered if it was a member.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I hope they enjoy the $300 Tint, $300 Nitro fill, and the $800 paint sealant Oh and the wheel spacers were still in while it was on the show room floor
Old 05-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
i would love to meet the owner just to ask what he thinks of the paint sealer. by the way it was $1200 for the sealer.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
i would love to meet the owner just to ask what he thinks of the paint sealer. by the way it was $1200 for the sealer.
Still way to much for tint Nitro fill, and paint sealer I do know Phil got it on the CTS-V and they loved it and almost did it to the ZR1 too
Old 05-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
I hope they enjoy the $300 Tint, $300 Nitro fill, and the $800 paint sealant Oh and the wheel spacers were still in while it was on the show room floor
I even told them about the spacers when I saw it the day it arrived....told them they shouldn't drive it with the spacers in per GM

5 minutes later they left the lot with spacers still in to get gas

They were also supposed to phone me when I could place a 2013 order, I'm still waiting.

In the meantime I've placed my order with Starling
Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #6
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...ok, who has number 282...just wondering...a special number for me....
Old 05-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #7
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
I even told them about the spacers when I saw it the day it arrived....told them they shouldn't drive it with the spacers in per GM

5 minutes later they left the lot with spacers still in to get gas

They were also supposed to phone me when I could place a 2013 order, I'm still waiting.

In the meantime I've placed my order with Starling
Sad I am sorry I sent you DM's info sad part is they told our club members MSRP so one of them called up to buy it then they hit them with the $3k + extra crap so she hung up on them I ended up calling the GM and explaining that was a mistake to do that these club members buy a few new GM vehicles so the they ended up calling them back and offering the car at MSRP and no add-on’s they declined and are awaiting the arrival of their ZL1 from Starling Kissimmee.

What else was funny is I let the GM know that Starling was offering the yellow ZL1 for $50 over invoice they did not believe me until they called the dealership as they were talking to a sales person you could hear a guy in the background say it’s no longer 4-sale we just took a deposit over the phone and YES ALL of our cars are $50 over.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Sad I am sorry I sent you DM's info sad part is they told our club members MSRP so one of them called up to buy it then they hit them with the $3k + extra crap so she hung up on them I ended up calling the GM and explaining that was a mistake to do that these club members buy a few new GM vehicles so the they ended up calling them back and offering the car at MSRP and no add-on’s they declined and are awaiting the arrival of their ZL1 from Starling Kissimmee.

What else was funny is I let the GM know that Starling was offering the yellow ZL1 for $50 over invoice they did not believe me until they called the dealership as they were talking to a sales person you could hear a guy in the background say it’s no longer 4-sale we just took a deposit over the phone and YES ALL of our cars are $50 over.
Don't be sorry - I appreciated the info and you also told me about Starling Kissimmee so thanks

I went into DM a few times about getting a 2013 model, but I didn't ever get the feeling they knew what they were talking about - I eventually got talking to one guy who seemed better, and to be fair I asked him to call me when the ZL1 arrived and he did...so I thought all was going to be OK with them in the end.

But, I asked them to call me the second I could place an order for 2013 and I'm still waiting, but maybe they just don't know you can order them yet!

I've used the service department there a few times as it's just round the corner from my house, and thats always been a good experience, so they are not terrible I don't think, maybe just underinformed on the sales side.

Although the ADM is a big no-no - they were boasting to me about how they never sell a car at above MSRP - wonder what happened to that!