Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
Ultrakiller
Poorfag.

Drives: None, yet T_T
Need to discuss something serious

I'll be turning 18 soon, and I'll have to stay for another year in the country (so basically I'll be 19 when I will leave UAE) and I thought of a way to get money during my last year. Due to some disturbing things that I have seen at the muscle car dealers here, one of the best ones is a ZL1 being sold for $80000 (including the $3000 shipping), the starting price! I've felt somewhat disappointed of the money-grubbing dealer bastards, which do basically with any car like this (BMW's are popular to this sort of scam, like a M3 being sold for $96000).

What I'm planning to do is to buy a car personally for any one person that would seem interested from US, which basically means travel there, buy it from a dealer money-down, and ship it from there to UAE, so that I can sell it for cheaper while I still make a profit and be able to see the glorious United States.

What I'm wondering is, can you buy a car even if you are not a resident in US just to export it out? Can you exempt it from taxes if done so, even though you buy it yourself? Any issues with paperwork necessary for this to happen?
Ultrakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I suggest you go to a US dealer's website to get these questions answered. They are the experts and should have all the answers. Good luck.
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Dealers are not allowed to sell to non-US residents, particularly when they have the intent of exporting a vehicle. If you do manage to find a way to buy one (either from a co-operative dealer or from a broker), you will still be subject to all applicable taxes & fees.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #4
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
See there?
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote