Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I guess I ruined the Ford salesman's day.

Hate the games they play, took two hours before they even put a deal front of me, I looked at it and said "oh definitely not" and the salesman started getting rude as hell. Anyone who has ever been through this knows there is a lot more to this story, but I'm not trying to write a novel here.

When they offer 5000 less than NADA clean trade they aren't even in the right Zip Code. I see this as a situation that there's no need to attempt any negotiations, they want to rip your head off plain and simple. He asked me what I was gonna do, and I told him I was going to the other smaller dealer across town, whatever I buy I'm ordering anyway.

So he said he would get in trouble if I didn't talk to his boss and explain why I wanted to leave, of course he stripped me of any price worksheets he provided and wouldn't give me his business card. I don't play these games, I left.

So I went to the other dealer and thank god they had a deal in front of me in 15 minutes. At least their deal is a fair start too.

Thursday I'm going to Chevy before work, but I only have half an hour and I will tell the salesman this. They can look at my trade all day while its being serviced.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
I know the feeling. Last time I was at the local Ford dealer I ended up openly laughing at them.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Are you trading in your Camaro?
Old 06-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Are you trading in your Camaro?
I might, for an SS Camaro or Ford product
Old 06-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
I might, for an SS Camaro or Ford product
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
AdamZ
Account Suspended

I went to one dealer and they offered my 17 for my 2012 LS with 2000 miles. I said "**** that" and walked out. Went to another one and they offered me 19. Talked them up to 21.5. Bought the car for 23. All and all....I think I got a great deal for trade
Old 06-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
I went to one dealer and they offered my 17 for my 2012 LS with 2000 miles. I said "**** that" and walked out. Went to another one and they offered me 19. Talked them up to 21.5. Bought the car for 23. All and all....I think I got a great deal for trade

The Chevy dealer??? I'll see what they offer Thursday. I'm not brand loyal so I looked at Ford products, I can get an X plan discount there, doesn't seem to amount to anything as they still have a set amount they want to profit.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #8
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
The Chevy dealer??? I'll see what they offer Thursday. I'm not brand loyal so I looked at Ford products, I can get an X plan discount there, doesn't seem to amount to anything as they still have a set amount they want to profit.
Nahhh Toyota. Foreign dealerships love to buy Camaro's bc they sell so well. They put them right out in the open to get customers in. When I traded mine in on the SS they had they had 6 Mustangs sitting there. Bought my SS and left my V6. My v6 sold 2 days later. 1 day after they put in on the lot. That was a month ago. All the Mustangs are still there lmao. I stopped in to see what they sold my Camaro for and they sold it for 23. I mentioned the Mustang's and they said they are never buying Mustangs anymore
Old 06-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Quote:
Nahhh Toyota. Foreign dealerships love to buy Camaro's bc they sell so well. They put them right out in the open to get customers in. When I traded mine in on the SS they had they had 6 Mustangs sitting there. Bought my SS and left my V6. My v6 sold 2 days later. 1 day after they put in on the lot. That was a month ago. All the Mustangs are still there lmao. I stopped in to see what they sold my Camaro for and they sold it for 23. I mentioned the Mustang's and they said they are never buying Mustangs anymore

Would never work for me, Im too picky.

If I order the car from Ford, it will be the only one like it around. At least the time wasting salesman taught me something, not that it's much to brag about, he just informed me that what I want is special order only. I just found a loophole in their dumb option packages.

If I order a car from Chevy, it will just be a 1ss with a 6 speed, orange of course.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #10
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Quote:
Aside from them being a dime a dozen, they lack those sexy curves and bodylines that just makes you want to stroke the glossy IOM paint with the worlds best wax under the light of the setting sun... oops off topic.

OP, 1SS with a 6 speed in IOM are awesome btw and Im not saying that because I might be a little biased. In all seriousness I'd keep looking around at other dealerships. That kind of mark up is ridiculous. Have you thought about just selling it yourself? Or maybe trying Becky here in the forum if you go the 1SS route?
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

They have been calling. They think the manufacturer rebate is some major selling point.

First of all, it's just trading dollars around. 2nd, it's gambling. The rebate is $500 and no guarantees it will be $1000 when the car comes in, but they sure would like me to believe that.