Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Tampa Tuning Revs Up Its Staff press release

July 9, 2012
For Immediate Release
Tampa Tuning Revs Up Its Staff

(Tampa, FL) Tampa Tuning is pleased to announce the addition of a tuning master. Ian Thomson, former full-time instructor and research and development analyst for “The Tuning School” and co-writer of the tuning guide for the six speed automatic transmission has joined Tampa Tuning.
Thomson brings a wealth of knowledge to the tuning arena.

He’s spent thousands of hours in the classroom as an instructor and on the dyno tuning cars. Thomson excels in forced induction vehicles and enjoys the challenge of getting the most out of heads and cam packages. His heads and cam C6 Corvette has 540 RWHP with a smooth shifting 6l80 transmission.

Phil, owner of Tampa Tuning, is thrilled to have Thomson on his team. “He’s one of the best tuners in the country. For those of you who have thanked me for your A6 tuning, you can also thank Ian. He wrote the book on 6l80/90 tuning.”
www.TampaTuning.com

Last edited by Tampa Tuning; 07-25-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
Congrats on what sounds like a great addition to your team. I may soon be getting in touch with you as I'm close to giving up on getting my car not to hit the rev limiter. I will take one more shot at it before seeking help. Truth be told I bought the tuning school transmission guide and it didn't help me, but I'm sure you guys can.

Again......congratulations !.
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

You have alot of HP if your transmission is stock. You may want to set your shift points ( MPH and RPMs) earlier to give the vehicle more time to react to the command.

It can also be your transmission may be worn to a point where it can not hold the clutches and are slipping through the shift points because of your power. Tuning software cant change that.

On your HP Tuners delivered torque PID, do some 50%, 75%, 90% and 100% throttle shifts to determine what the torque level your transmission is not handling and at which gear.

IT will help you to build up to the problem area that needs to be adjusted.
www.TampaTuning.com
Phil
Old 07-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
It would be nice if you guys could use SCT for email tune
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBL View Post
It would be nice if you guys could use SCT for email tune
Without the proper set up using a wideband attached to the vehicle plus the end user agreement sucks on it, Its like a $350 dollar toy to clear codes. Does anyone really tune with it, or do they get a mail order tune and upload it that throw it on the shelf? I know the guys with HP Tuner do both. I educate them on the campare option that shows you what changes have been made after each tune. With the tune I send them my performance scanner I use for all my tuning. You can store has many tunes as your laptop can hold. I tell guys that spray N02, buy one of the used SCT units for $100.00 bucks, and you can save your NA tune and your NO2 tune and change them at will.

99% of my business is real time plugged into cars tuning with a wideband and my HP Tuners. Cuting and pasting the same tune over and over again 100's of times would drive me up a wall. Id be bored. I love tuning and seeing that owners face after the first drive.