Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
Help Me Create A Mod Plan

I've had my Camaro for two months now and I've spent a lot of time putting together a mod plan. I would love your input, since most of you guys have already been down this path.

I came from a Mustang, and honestly, I took modding too far on the Mustang. The Camaro, imo, is already incredibly beautiful, so I want my mods to be subtle this time.

I ultimately voted against the ZL1 bumper, the bumper I have now with the heritage grille looks pretty darn good. So the first thing I'm going to do is replace the DRL with halos. I was going to get them from AAC. The way I understand it, there's something I can buy from them to make the DRL turn on the same time as the Halos/parking lights.

Next, AAC side markers. I'm going to ask if they have a way to make the amber ones in the front flash with the turn signals. I just read a thread about that and apparently it's possible now.

After that, AAC after burner tail lights. I'm going to ask for the precut ones, and send mine back to them. I have a drimmel, but I don't mind paying extra for the precut taillights. Should I get the super bright SMD version or the less bright CCFL?

For badging I plan to add a red SS in the center of the heritage grille. On the back, I plan to remove the Chevy bow tie and put a red SS in its place. How hard is it to remove the Chevy bow tie on the back? I saw someone removed some paint when they took their bow tie off! Definitely want to avoid that. As far as I know, a blower dryer and fishing line do the trick. Now for the SS that I have on the rear/right from the factory, I'm thinking about replacing it with a 6.2L since I'm putting an SS in the center. Plan to get them all from sparks restoration.

Adding SLP fade to black decals in the gills, no biggy there.

Plan to add Camaro SS door sills to match my Lloyd mats, not a big deal there either. I don't want the light up sills, even though they're pretty sweet.

Ok so big stuff, what else should I do? I've voted against Razzi GFX. I'm seriously considering the GM GFX, even though they're $2500. I can't come up with anything else that gives impact, without going over the top. I like the Sinister Hood for example, but it's a bit too awesome. I felt the same way about the Razzi GFX, they're a bit too awesome. I want to be more subtle. But the thing is, I have the factory splash guards, which honestly add a little something, ya know? So I'm not even sure about getting the GM GFX...unless they would just bolt in right where the splash guards are now, that would be awesome!

So that really just leaves wheels. That's what I keep asking myself? Since I'm not getting the ZL1 bumper, maybe not even getting GFX, probably not changing the hood, are wheels the thing to do? And then I don't even know where to begin. There are so many wheels! What would look good on a victory red vert?

Sorry this is soooooo long, but thanks for any suggestions!
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #2
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Ok so lets start with the DRL. AAC can supply you with high quality plasma bulbs as the DRL, since you have a 2011 with the RS you need the P13W bulb size. As for halos, they can supply you with color shifting halos that will replace the halo in your head lights as well as halos for the fog lights. If you want the head light halo and DRL (fog lights) on at the same time, contact 2SSRS on here, or check out his website gen5diy.com, he can supply you with a plug and play harness that will keep the halo and fogs on at the same time.

The side markers can be upgraded to a dual intensity circut to flash as blinkers... you NEED dual intensity, so be sure to ask Jonathan at AAC.

While the SMD is super bright, to me, the CCFL looks cleaner as you don't see each little LED.

When it comes to color changing halos and fog light halos, I would also consider FlashTech. They are MUCH cheaper than AAC and look great.

With the removal of the bowtie (and any badge for that matter), be patient, and a hair dryer, fishing line, and Goo Gone will do the trick.

As for wheels, that is the first thing to make the BIGGEST and easiest visual impact. I personally think the TSW donington would look great. They are a pretty popular wheel here. But, there are tons out there, so It really just depends on your style.

Any more help you need, I never mind helping!
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:11 AM   #3
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
If you want a hassle free install, I would highly recommend the jdp halo color changers since you don't have to cut open your existing headlights. I would have gone with that if I had the rs package.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
The MOAC

Drives: IBM 2011 2SS/RS
go with an anvil spoiler. looks awesome and its not too flashy!
The MOAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Go with zl1 sides and the slp redline wheels. I just ordered a set myself
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #6
tcalh1

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The MOAC View Post
go with an anvil spoiler. looks awesome and its not too flashy!
+1
tcalh1 is offline   Reply With Quote