Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #29
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILHELM View Post
If you ask me this apply to all cars. The first year after many model has been redesigned is a must wait to avoid problems and to let the manufacturer fix problems like the ones posted by the OP. 2011 Camaro for the win. Hopefully bug free.
Nobody asked you

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #30
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Like owner sites for any vehicle, we'll end up with a full section listing recalls and glitches with the cars. It's bound to happen.. especially with a fresh new model!

Considering also that this really is a new car. Not just a revamp like Ford did with the Mustang. But everything's new! So I really wouldn't be suprised if it took a bit to work out the kinks.

J

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #31
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILHELM View Post
If you ask me this apply to all cars. The first year after many model has been redesigned is a must wait to avoid problems and to let the manufacturer fix problems like the ones posted by the OP. 2011 Camaro for the win. Hopefully bug free.
This will be my 5th new car and none of them have been "bug free". Any car built at any time can have a problum. Most will have somekind of problum. Most will be small and no big deal in my mind. This is a mechine and mechines break. This car was also built by people, people are not perfect. GM has and will, IMO, do whatever they can to give us the best car that they can.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #32
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Thrill View Post
That was happening to the dealer car at the dealership I am getting my Camaro from. All they had to do is a small adjustment to the trunk latch.
Thanks Top, as I thought these are minor adjustment issues.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #33
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Z View Post
Hate to say this but...I'd never buy a Camaro when it first comes it..too many problems wrong..I'd wait a year.
Not to be an ass but, how would you know?
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:41 PM   #34
Kwaz1335
The Kwaz

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Kwaz1335
question...have you checked the weatherstripping? That used to happen all the time with my mustang...With the weather we have been having it tends to get sticky and holds down the lid and it locks again before raising up. Try putting a little electricians lube or Vasoline on the weatherstripping...not so much that whatever your putting in the trunk is going to get covered in it and then try it again...
Picked up and brought home 6/26/2009
2010 Black on Black SS/RS Camaro
Silver stripe package
Ground effects package
6 Speed Manual Transmission with Hurst short throw, Magnuson Supercharger, SLP loudmouth 1 kit.
Kwaz1335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #35
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
adjusters on the trunk like on a hood...you move them up or down to get the right pressure against the lid so it's not loose, but not so tight the latch doesn't work freely.
this
Old 05-24-2009, 11:52 PM   #36
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
No "adjusters" like on the hood. There are these spring loaded devices on each side of the trunk lid protruding down (see pix) that are pretty strong and cannot be adusted for tension.
the latch or latch strike itself should be adjustable
Old 05-25-2009, 01:40 AM   #37
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
Unfortunately you're right. I am HATING my camaro purchase experience. I plopped down $20k 4 months ago and have received Sweet A all from everyone at GM and the dealer about my car.

Now what? Cables are melting? Brakes need weights to be balanced? Window indexing issues? Leaking trunks?

I know we're all Camaro entusiasts here but my THRILL at grabbing this puppy has long gone. I'll be test driving this week (Mustangs, Chargers, 300z's, and 1-2 others and if I find a car that fits me, I'm buying it and driving it to my dealer and demanding my money back. (Let me know if anyone wants pics)
See ya. Good luck finding a new 300Z.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:26 AM   #38
Phenix

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Yes, there is a safety feature to prevent the window from going up when something is blocking it. 350z's (mine included) had the exact same problem that you are describing with the window. What happens is you use the auto-up feature and the window goes up, then comes back down half way. If you don't use the auto-up feature and just hold the button till the window goes up, it stays there. Does that sound about right for what you're experiencing? With the 350z's this happened because the window motor didn't know anymore what all the way up actually was. Usually you could recalibrate the motor by rolling the window up then holding the button for 5 seconds, but if the safety let-down feature wasn't working (which it seems yours isn't) it usually means the sensor in the window motor is bad and the whole motor would be replaced. People who had this issue usually experienced it within the first 100 miles of ownership.

As far as the trunk, I'm sure the latch is out of adjustment, should be an easy 2-minute fix.
Phenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:24 AM   #39
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
See ya. Good luck finding a new 300Z.
...and a truckload of replacement trannys for it.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:26 AM   #40
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
Yes, there is a safety feature to prevent the window from going up when something is blocking it. 350z's (mine included) had the exact same problem that you are describing with the window. What happens is you use the auto-up feature and the window goes up, then comes back down half way. If you don't use the auto-up feature and just hold the button till the window goes up, it stays there. Does that sound about right for what you're experiencing? With the 350z's this happened because the window motor didn't know anymore what all the way up actually was. Usually you could recalibrate the motor by rolling the window up then holding the button for 5 seconds, but if the safety let-down feature wasn't working (which it seems yours isn't) it usually means the sensor in the window motor is bad and the whole motor would be replaced. People who had this issue usually experienced it within the first 100 miles of ownership.

As far as the trunk, I'm sure the latch is out of adjustment, should be an easy 2-minute fix.
Yes, its seems like whats highlighted is what's happening. I agree the trunk latch is probably an adjustment issue.
I'll be taking it to the dealer and have them look into these things and report back.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:42 AM   #41
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
so, there is no key latch for the trunk? Thats crazy.
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:43 AM   #42
slacker
Troubled 40 something

Drives: 2010 IOM RS/SS M6
What gives with the whiners? Jeez, let's ditch the whole thing because the battery cable is too close to the starter on the first 2000 cars.

If someone is so impatient that they don't want to wait for QC to be complete, they don't need a Camaro- a Mustang would suit them better because it's built and on the lot, where they can pick it apart for errors and problems on the spot. There is no such thing as a perfect car, even ones on the Ford, Nissan or Lambo lots.