Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
Waste

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT M6
Trade in / upgrade

Hello all, I have a question more for the sales people that read the forums here. I purchased my Camaro 1LT in April and I'm having a bit of buyers remorse now. I'm wanting to trade in my car for either a 1SS/RS or 2SS/RS however I don't want to be #$@! over on a deal.

My Camaro recently hit 5K miles and knowing that the 2013 models are soon to be hitting the lots would I benefit from possibly looking at doing a trade for a 2012 soon? I don't want to put too many miles on my car to preserve my trade in value.. I'm looking for some solid advice on if I should just keep my V6 and be happy or head up to the dealership and work a trade out. Any advice would be appreciated!
Waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
12,000 or less will be considered "low miles".

The biggest issue here, as your car is only a year old, is depending on how much money you put down, you may still owe more than it's worth. You can check kbb to see the value and then compare that to what you owe.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
Mr Snappy

Drives: Mercedes GL-450, Mercedes C300
Not a wise move if you are concerned about trade-in value. Get the vasoline ready!

However, if you are not happy with your current ride, just do it and forget about the money.

I speak from experience, I had a Hummer H3 for 18 months. It was actually a great truck and me and my boys had a lot of fun with it....but it was horrible on gas and had no power...not an acceptable combination. I traded it in on a new Caddy CTS on the actual day that the price per barrell of oil broke the all-time record. Talk about lousy timing. I lost thousands on that trade.

BUT, I was very happy with the caddy (so was the wife) and it was a great car for 4 years.
Mr Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote