Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #127
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Small rain shower just passed through my area the car still leaks! Unbelievable.
Yeah that is unbelievable. You think it's the water bag still?
I think it's time to lawyer up my friend. I really hate you are going through this.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #128
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Three top TSB's a top Customer Satisfaction Program a new top install and 40 days to repair new top leak, and now another leak! This will be the seventh service visit for JUST the top on this car. If GM forces me to get a lawyer shame on em.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #129
tramtwo

I did not sign up for a crusade... but I'd buy a ticket to the show. A non conformity not corrected after a half dozen attempts, especially if it is just "trim" is an embarrassment.

Today driving with the top down I remembered why I fell in love with this car... so sad it has become such a dysfunctional relationship.

I have to take this car in again tomorrow for service. I hate to involve another dealership, but unless I am forced by GM I will not return to the dealership that flooded my car butchered the top repair and damaged every interior piece they touched. Post up photos tomorrow. I just hope our stories serve to help. I try HARD to not piss and moan about it all. So glad this site allows us a voice... can't be easy, nothing is being bought from this sub forum.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #130
cactuseater

Drives: .
Well said. And agreed. As well, it is very hard not to sound like pissing and moaning. I can see that raised bar as my case draws to a non-conforming end. To this day, I drive this car and enjoy it running with the top down. Same reasons, it's just a great looking automobile! It's definitely an attention magnet. But every time I look at it I am reminded what is going on with it. Total lack of customer care and the disregard to preserve your property while it's in their care. That's what starts to eat me... our cars could be twins. On a better note, I love my 11 LS3 Coupe. That car is just outright fun. No buyer's remorse here. If that Vert was fixed right, man it would be a showpiece, but I knew not to throw any money at it unless that top was done correctly.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #131
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin320 View Post
Hope it works out. I'm getting ready to call my dealer, as a hole is starting to form in my top. I have zero problem pulling the trigger on a lemon-law action if I get the run-around.
We apologize for the frustrations you may be experiencing. Do you currently have a case with GM customer service set up? Please let us know.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 09-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #132
tramtwo

Unhappy

WARNING CAMARO ABUSE some of the images may not be fit for younger viewers.

Here are just some of the photos I took Saturday after I picked up the car from dealership. I have many more. It is not an exaggeration to say that every single piece they touched had been damaged in some way. I just imagine all the interior trim pieces being thrown into a pile when the new carpet was installed.

My main concerns are the potential mold photos I have. And of course the STILL PRESENT LEAK.

Link
Old 09-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #133
basecar

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red RS
I can not believe all that I saw. The dealer should be replacing everything that was scratched, torn, not right, etc. Not sure where you need to go from here but GM should stand by this one. Brandon, you out there...............................Mine is going in tomorrow for a new water bag and 3rd top............ We'll have to wait to see... Also on photo 4 the reason the seat sticks out so far is the things (forgot the word) that are suppose to hold the seat in tight, are stripped and need to be replaced with new ones. Mine did that also, but they fixed it. Seems like some dealers want to help, some don't know, and some don't care. This is where GM should be stepping up to the plate and insure all is fixed and fixed right, instead of sitting back and getting those big bonuses....................................
basecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #134
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
That is totally unbelievable. I don't know if it would help but have you thought about PMing Fbodfather with your story and a link to these pics? It's worth a try.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #135
tramtwo

GM has me in a hold pattern. I need the car serviced obviously, it STILL LEAKS and I want the damage addressed and DO NOT want to return the dealership I have been using. Why the rep would have to wait for a phone from a field rep he sent to talk with the dealership "to get questions answered" is beyond me. My concern about a remediation for mold has been ignored. If this was not happening to me I would never believe it.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #136
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Check your states laws and regs about mold abatement. There should be something in there about it. Also, have you thought about taking the dealership to small claims court for damages to your car? Also, you could file a police report for vandalism against them. Know any local officer's that could do that for you? Kick them to the curb. That is unacceptable on any car. It should not return in worse condition that when you brought it in.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #137
tramtwo

The only actions I have taken have been suggested by the dealership, call GM. And in dealing with GM they said that the BBB was their binding arbitrators. I have yet to have a decision or offer and will only proceed if and when I have to.

I am a working stiff (two jobs) and have neither the time or resources to battle one of the biggest dealerships in the state.. much less GM. I will continue to work within the system until I have no other choice.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #138
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I along with several others did it and won. Send me a PM with your state info and I can do a little research for you if you would like me too.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #139
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
I along with several others did it and won. Send me a PM with your state info and I can do a little research for you if you would like me too.
I appreciate all the support from this site from you and others. I still have this foolish idea that GM will look at all the facts and do the right thing, satisfy a customer.

If I have to "make" them of course I will do everything that needs to be done and will solicit all the help I can.

:flag1: Understand, this was a "dream car" purchase for me. Being raised by a single mom on welfare in the housing projects of New Orleans I am far from spoiled and have earned everything I have through hard work. From the age of five when I saw a red car pouring smoke from the back tires I was in awe. I asked my older brother what that was and he said, "that's a bad ass Camaro."

From that day on I knew one day I would have my very own "bad ass Camaro." It took me 40 years, but last year it happeded!!
50K out the door and over 7k in mods (from vendors and members on this site)represents my largest investment currently. But more than that I will be damned if I'll let GM or a dealership or anyone else rape THAT dream.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #140
Edwin320

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible A10
If I were you, I'd strongly consider exploring my options under your state's lemon law. http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/LO_law.html

Tags
fraying, marks, replacement, top, wrinkles