Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
supasport

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
tuning

Pretty soon i'm going to be ordering the handheld tuner from Jannetty racing for 500$ being that i have headers and a full exhaust.
however i have 4 questions

1. If i buy CAI,cams, throttlebody, pistons, etc... do i have to retune the computer and end up paying more?
2. Does tuning the computer change the exhaust sound? I heard this is true because the computer is then aware of the long tube headers and it adjusts the flow of air.
3. My engine light is on due to having no cats, this means i don't have the power i should be running at the moment correct? and will the tuner delete the CEL?
4. With headers and an exhaust how much horsepower do i GAIN VS Tuning with headers and an exhaust? in other words, if i had just just a stock L99, and i tune it, how much RWHP would that result in?

THANKS

Last edited by supasport; 08-03-2012 at 01:50 PM.
supasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
jasycz28
J.Sick

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
1. If you buy all your upgrades from Jannetty then he will retune for them for free.

2. I don't think so

3. No you do not have the power you should due to not being tuned. And yes Jannetty will tune out the codes that throw the CEL.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
supasport

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasycz28 View Post
1. If you buy all your upgrades from Jannetty then he will retune for them for free.

2. I don't think so

3. No you do not have the power you should due to not being tuned. And yes Jannetty will tune out the codes that throw the CEL.
thanks alot man, question 4 i edited in :P sorry to be such a pain in the arse. i just like asking questions before making moves
supasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
jasycz28
J.Sick

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by supasport View Post
thanks alot man, question 4 i edited in :P sorry to be such a pain in the arse. i just like asking questions before making moves

That's hard to estimate do to cars being different. I am guessing the tune will probably get you 20-30 rwhp. But since your an Auto I think the biggest difference will be in the tranny tune.