Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
iomZL454

Drives: Orange 2SS LS3 MN6 WRS
Reflections from a First-time Attendee

Definitely would like to offer a huge round of applause for those responsible for putting together the CamaroFest 3 event! I was quite impressed with the spectrum of opportunities afforded to the participants and spectators. The venue was nicely chosen! Access to Chevrolet designers and engineers, track time on the drag strip and autocross, sponsors and vendors, seeing so many cars (Wow! IOM certainly was well-represented!) and meeting new people; what a fabulous time! And to think that I almost talked myself out of attending due to other obligations. We drove down for the day on Friday and headed back home that same evening. Looking back, I wish I could have stayed for at least one more day. Certainly glad my wife and kids convinced me to go. They also came along and all four of us enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Everyone we met was extremely nice, especially to the kids. They loved the autographed posters and I would definitely say my favorite experience was talking to the Chevy people who made the 5th Gen a reality. The Camaro5 people we met were awesome - I wish I had made it more a point to introduce myself and get more names to attach to the faces. The drag strip action goes with out saying was fascinating. Should have had less hesitation to getting out there myself, but I just had too much trouble envisioning telling the kids they can't go home 'cause daddy broke the car. LOL The autocross racing....well I never would have guessed....simply mind boggling. The pro drivers and their ability to drive these cars still leaves me with no words to describe. And surprising to me, the kids (two pre-teen girls, no less) were equally enthralled. Of course, to them the coolest part was having access to parts of the complex that are usually blocked off to the spectators at the NHRA events. And less I forget, the cars did not disappoint. It was extremely cool to see what people have done to these cars. From mild to wild, stock to super car, OEM to full out custom; we saw it all. Again, WOW!

S'pose I have rambled on long enough, especially since I am not usually prone to posting, generally content simply to read others comments and exploits. But I do once again want to say "Well Done!" and "Thank You" to all the sponsors, Camaro5 volunteer staff and members and everyone else who made this years event a truly memorable experience!
iomZL454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
AutoBot Racing
V8

Drives: ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by iomZL454 View Post
Definitely would like to offer a huge round of applause for those responsible for putting together the CamaroFest 3 event! I was quite impressed with the spectrum of opportunities afforded to the participants and spectators. The venue was nicely chosen! Access to Chevrolet designers and engineers, track time on the drag strip and autocross, sponsors and vendors, seeing so many cars (Wow! IOM certainly was well-represented!) and meeting new people; what a fabulous time! And to think that I almost talked myself out of attending due to other obligations. We drove down for the day on Friday and headed back home that same evening. Looking back, I wish I could have stayed for at least one more day. Certainly glad my wife and kids convinced me to go. They also came along and all four of us enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Everyone we met was extremely nice, especially to the kids. They loved the autographed posters and I would definitely say my favorite experience was talking to the Chevy people who made the 5th Gen a reality. The Camaro5 people we met were awesome - I wish I had made it more a point to introduce myself and get more names to attach to the faces. The drag strip action goes with out saying was fascinating. Should have had less hesitation to getting out there myself, but I just had too much trouble envisioning telling the kids they can't go home 'cause daddy broke the car. LOL The autocross racing....well I never would have guessed....simply mind boggling. The pro drivers and their ability to drive these cars still leaves me with no words to describe. And surprising to me, the kids (two pre-teen girls, no less) were equally enthralled. Of course, to them the coolest part was having access to parts of the complex that are usually blocked off to the spectators at the NHRA events. And less I forget, the cars did not disappoint. It was extremely cool to see what people have done to these cars. From mild to wild, stock to super car, OEM to full out custom; we saw it all. Again, WOW!

S'pose I have rambled on long enough, especially since I am not usually prone to posting, generally content simply to read others comments and exploits. But I do once again want to say "Well Done!" and "Thank You" to all the sponsors, Camaro5 volunteer staff and members and everyone else who made this years event a truly memorable experience!
well said!
AutoBot Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #3
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Well said! I have enjoyed this weekend. Met some awesome people, laughed a lot and just hung out and talked about cars. Good times all around - thanks to everyone who put this together as well. Don't listen to the people who were disappointed, they are just trying to bust someones balls over something. This has been the best weekend I've had in a long time, and over exceeded my expectations by far. Can't wait till all the people get home and post pics/videos of everything.

Everyone still here, have a safe trip home tomorrow!
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
you have the reaction to the fest that we (the mods) do.

sometimes we just look around a giggle at how much fun everyone seems to be having.

We are very glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the kind words.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote