Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-26-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
red70tvhs
Red

Drives: 2018 Mosaic Black 2ss M6
1LE halfshafts?

So does any idea how well the halfshafts in the rear paired with the suspension will keep down wheelhop? I'm expecting very very little next to none in stock form? How long wheel that last, 450rwhp? 500rwhp? If anybody has any insider information on this please chime in. Considering a 1ss 1LE
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:54 AM   #2
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Nobody has any info on the 1LEs as they are barely just making it out to pre-orders. Im planning on doing an entire differential swap if everything will bolt up to an SS.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
red70tvhs
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
Nobody has any info on the 1LEs as they are barely just making it out to pre-orders. Im planning on doing an entire differential swap if everything will bolt up to an SS.
I know there isnt any hard data from experience yet, I diddnt know if anybody had any insight on the strength of the halfshafts in particular yet. I hate me some wheel hop.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Too many variables for an exact answer. Biggest variable being driver. I've never wheel hopped my car. I'd bet in others hands, it could wheel hop very easy. You buy the car, and then keep modding it until it does what you want it to do.

Will a 1LE wheel hop .

I've seen people trying to launch a ZL1 wheel hop it every time, and others never wheel hop. Your results will vary.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #5
red70tvhs
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Too many variables for an exact answer. Biggest variable being driver. I've never wheel hopped my car. I'd bet in others hands, it could wheel hop very easy. You buy the car, and then keep modding it until it does what you want it to do.

Will a 1LE wheel hop .

I've seen people trying to launch a ZL1 wheel hop it every time, and others never wheel hop. Your results will vary.
I wont make much more than 500rwhp ever. Thats my limit, I simply refuse to put a cage in my car and after 11.5 quarter time, gotta have it or face the banwaggon at the track :( I was just wondering how strong the halfshafts would be sense I'm placing my order right before spring shows up. I suppose I have plenty of time for people to report results. Even if the shafts arent as strong as I'm hopeing, I suppose the light wheels, rear end, transmission, and sway bars are more than worth the 3500 for the option. BTW its gonna be a super base 1ss with 1LE Cant wait...