Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
Vader

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Gotta Love Mustang Owners

First off, I really like all muscle cars so this is not to trash anyone. However, I live in Florida where it is still 95 Degrees outside and humid as hell. Well, I was driving around Orlando today and saw 12 plus mustangs with their windows down. Remember, 95 Degrees outside and humid. I had to go to Costco to pick up some stuff and a mustang owner parked next to me and he had his windows down. We exchanged pleasantry's "Nice Car", etc. and then I asked if his AC was broken. He said "No, I just like to listen to the sound of my engine while driving." Mind you, his back was soaking wet from sweat and his face was beat red. He must of saw the look on my face because he then said "I use the AC still but I can't feel it with the windows down except when I'm stopped. A lot of mustang owners do it." I just said "Cool, mustangs do sound sweet, have a good one" and went on my way.

I've been in Florida for over 40 years and every car I have ever owned has had the AC working in perfect condition. Hell, I've traded in a few when the AC went so driving in the Florida heat with the windows down and the AC on was a new one for me.

Any Camaro owners doing this in the summer heat?
Old 09-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
ugh...my first car...68' Camaro,..the air did not work. By the time i drove a quarter mile in l.a. in the summer by back was soaked.

like my friend use to say..Wd40...windows down 40 miles an hour
i'll take air.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
My Tinted windows never go down, Ice Cold AC blasting all of the time, I hate the heat and luckily we don't have the heat that Florida has, my AC is on all Spring, Summer and Fall though, temps are usually in the low 70-low 80's, I love the cool air, bring on the Winter
Old 09-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
facelykemurderrr

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
the only reason my windows go down is because my 91 Camaro fails to have working A/C..if it worked the windows would be up. the part of southern California I live in has been over 100 lately and I'd rather use the A/C than listen to my car if I had the choice.. I do enjoy the sound of my car, but not THAT much haha ;p
facelykemurderrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
5ohcamaro

Drives: 2012 black 1LS Camaro
i do it. I live in FL too. but i only drive with the windows down if im going short distances or if its early in the morning or late in the evening.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
First off, I really like all muscle cars so this is not to trash anyone. However, I live in Florida where it is still 95 Degrees outside and humid as hell. Well, I was driving around Orlando today and saw 12 plus mustangs with their windows down. Remember, 95 Degrees outside and humid. I had to go to Costco to pick up some stuff and a mustang owner parked next to me and he had his windows down. We exchanged pleasantry's "Nice Car", etc. and then I asked if his AC was broken. He said "No, I just like to listen to the sound of my engine while driving." Mind you, his back was soaking wet from sweat and his face was beat red. He must of saw the look on my face because he then said "I use the AC still but I can't feel it with the windows down except when I'm stopped. A lot of mustang owners do it." I just said "Cool, mustangs do sound sweet, have a good one" and went on my way.

I've been in Florida for over 40 years and every car I have ever owned has had the AC working in perfect condition. Hell, I've traded in a few when the AC went so driving in the Florida heat with the windows down and the AC on was a new one for me.

Any Camaro owners doing this in the summer heat?
As long as I'm moving at a good speed, yes. I open the windows and sun roof. When I slow down in traffic the air is on and windows open. I really don't like ac. At times it's a necessary evil to me.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #7
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Call me crazy but I rarely use my A/C, even in this 100+ degree Arizona heat. I like to hear my surroundings and engine. Plus, it's bad on the A/C system if you use it on short trips in the city and it robs power/mileage. Most people don't even turn off the A/C before they shut the engine off. This is bad because it doesn't allow the evaporator to dry....which can lead to a smelly A/C the next time you start the car.
I always use my A/C on the highway though.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
69supersport396
Rick

Drives: 2012 IBM RS 'Vert
AC is on during the middle of the day during the summer. But early morning or late evening the top and windows are down.

Blazing sun and temps well over 100* while the top is down do not make for pleasant driving.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #9
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Florida A/C= all windows down!! I do this during the summer time. Unless it is really to hot or I have passengers!! Also depending where in Florida depends on if you can do it. Coastal towns can do it. But farther inland there is no wind!!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #10
epatrone

Drives: 2011 camaro 2SS L99
AC is on in MD heat, I hate humidity, and 100 degrees feels like a 118. I also live in mosquito country and the windows need to stay up. Winter it can be in the 40s and 50s, then no AC and windows down to feel the fresh air.
epatrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #11
My45thAnniversaryCamaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary
As long as it isnt raining or something like that my sun roof is always open and windows down! Even if it's 100 out!
My45thAnniversaryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
A/C on, limo tint with windows up. I could be drinking a 40, smoking a joint and killing a hooker, and no one would know.