Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Save a dog!

Please check out Hearts United For Animals, a national No-kill shelter that accepts, treats, and adopts out dogs and cats from all over the US.
Currently almost 300 dogs of all breeds and ages from pups to more experienced dogs are available. Take at look at the site below and view the dogs available. There are many ways to help out those that need it most.

www.hua.org

Thanks Camaro5 family!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #3
ROBOSSRS

There are so many rescues. I will never buy a dog retail again. Too many without homes. We live in PA and got our one dog from Georgia..
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
We used to buy dogs from breeders, but have stopped buying from them as well as we stopped breeding and one of our close friends (breeder) did too. The dogs we get from a shelter or humane society are usually a lot better because they are appreciative of their new home as well as there are so many that need homes. Retail and breeders sell dogs all the time. We only adopt one kind of breed though because that is what we know and like. Rottweiler. Love them! I don't discriminate though. All dogs are awesome! I just prefer larger breeds and Rottweilers if I can get one.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I just got a new Rottie puppy! (pics in the pets thread...) Not from a shelter, but from people selling them on a street corner. Prevented them from ending up in a shelter, IMO... Normally not what I would do getting a breed like a Rottie, but the sellers had a lot of info about both of the pups parents, so I think we got a good one
Old 09-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #6
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Chiming in as a dog trainer here - 96 % of shelter dogs that get put to sleep have one commonality - no training! That is a huge demographic that can easily be changed.
Train your dogs! Six weeks in a training class can be a real eye opener as to why your dog doesn't understand what you want and can save their life if you are ever separated.
I used to raise and show Alaskan Malamutes, but it was so hard to find perfect homes for the pups I stopped breeding. My last 2 malamutes have been rescue dogs. My current Mal, Cody is a love, but his former owner was convinced he was too stupid to keep. He's not as stupid as that guy was, I guarantee you. Cody has turned into a great dog although when I got him at 10 months old he was a wild child.
Our Camaro club sponsors a kennel at the local humane society and last weekend I went to a charity car show to help "Spokanimal CARE" the county shelter.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
ROBOSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Chiming in as a dog trainer here - 96 % of shelter dogs that get put to sleep have one commonality - no training! That is a huge demographic that can easily be changed.
Train your dogs! Six weeks in a training class can be a real eye opener as to why your dog doesn't understand what you want and can save their life if you are ever separated.
I used to raise and show Alaskan Malamutes, but it was so hard to find perfect homes for the pups I stopped breeding. My last 2 malamutes have been rescue dogs. My current Mal, Cody is a love, but his former owner was convinced he was too stupid to keep. He's not as stupid as that guy was, I guarantee you. Cody has turned into a great dog although when I got him at 10 months old he was a wild child.
Our Camaro club sponsors a kennel at the local humane society and last weekend I went to a charity car show to help "Spokanimal CARE" the county shelter.
It must be the name Cody. We got Cody when he was six months old, we wanted to take him back. He went through training, but at six months old he was wild. Now if only we had him back. Seven weeks ago today the cancer was just too much and we said goodbye.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
I saved 2...

This one from the local shelter:

This one I almost ran over and killed.. 4 months old based on Dr. examine of teeth, under fed, hair was all knotted and nasty, no collar, no chip.

had her fixed, got all shots, chipped and she is now a family member..

Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I have 4 rescue dachshunds. Two I got as puppies from a small dog rescue in Ohio one was a former puppy mill mom who is now spoled rotten. The 4th came from a woman that wanted to be a breeder but realized it was a lot more work than she thought and was giving away most of her dogs to get out of breeding.

We have also fostered a few dachshunds who are now in other loving homes. Its sad to give them up but there is no better feeling than knowing that you helped to save their life and give them a fresh start.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #10
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Best dog I ever had was a "last chance" adoption.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #11
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandron263 View Post
I have 4 rescue dachshunds. Two I got as puppies from a small dog rescue in Ohio one was a former puppy mill mom who is now spoled rotten. The 4th came from a woman that wanted to be a breeder but realized it was a lot more work than she thought and was giving away most of her dogs to get out of breeding.

We have also fostered a few dachshunds who are now in other loving homes. Its sad to give them up but there is no better feeling than knowing that you helped to save their life and give them a fresh start.
I totally agree!

I foster Weimaraners, and people always say "how do you love them so much but are able to give them up?" I answer with exactly what you just said....."Its sad to give them up but there is no better feeling than knowing that you helped to save their life and give them a fresh start."
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #12
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
I totally agree!

I foster Weimaraners,
Good to know... I am going to remember this for later.

I would much rather adopt than buy from a puppy mill. There are so many dogs out there that just need a good home (and some training)!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Good to know... I am going to remember this for later.

I would much rather adopt than buy from a puppy mill. There are so many dogs out there that just need a good home (and some training)!

Very, very true.

All my pups are from rescue, with one, my darling Pomeranian, actually straight from the shelter.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote