Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Kids riding bicycles in the road.

This morning I was taking the Camaro out for a drive and saw two kids riding their bikes on the wrong side of the road and swerving back and forth. As I got close one of them cut directly and unexpectedly in front of me. I tapped my horn and he looked back at me. Then coming back I met the same kid as I topped the hill pushing his bike up the hill right in the middle of my lane coming towards me. Luckily I was not driving like most do on this road or that kid would be dead right now. As I went past I slowed down and told him he needed to get on the other side of the road and on the outside edge before he gets hit. As I drove off he gave me the finger and continued pushing his bike up the hill in the middle of the wrong lane. Just about then I looked in the mirror and I saw a van top the hill and have to abruptly swerve to miss him.
When I got home I called the police and reported the incident. I hope they found those kids and gave them a lesson on proper bike riding on public roads.
It scares me to think what could have happened.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I had something similar happen the other day. Not sure of the age of your kids. The one that did this could have been 15-19.

It was really near where I live, and in a 25mph area. It's a straight road where he was. I rounded a curve doing 25, saw a truck (in the proper lane) approaching the skateboarder (then me, eventually). The skateboarder was in my lane going towards me (the wrong way). As the pickup truck got near him, he wobbles, and falls back, and the board scoots foward, kind of under the pickup truck who was passing, and the pickup truck's left rear wheel drove over (and broke) the skateboard.

I have no idea if the truck even knew what he had run over, as he just kept driving.

The skateboarder starts yelling at the truck, calling him an a-hole and worse. He was in the other lane to pick up his board by this time...and I drive by.

I couldn't help myself, as I rolled down my window and called the skater a douche. He kind of looked stunned that someone would do that as I drove off.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
it's not the bikes that bother me, it's kids on motorized vehicles. dirt bikes, etc. in fact friday night i backed out , and here comes this kid on a miniature dune buggy, not tiny, but like half size. It was dark out, and no lights on this thing, driving it on the street.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
This morning I was taking the Camaro out for a drive and saw two kids riding their bikes on the wrong side of the road and swerving back and forth. As I got close one of them cut directly and unexpectedly in front of me. I tapped my horn and he looked back at me. Then coming back I met the same kid as I topped the hill pushing his bike up the hill right in the middle of my lane coming towards me. Luckily I was not driving like most do on this road or that kid would be dead right now. As I went past I slowed down and told him he needed to get on the other side of the road and on the outside edge before he gets hit. As I drove off he gave me the finger and continued pushing his bike up the hill in the middle of the wrong lane. Just about then I looked in the mirror and I saw a van top the hill and have to abruptly swerve to miss him.
When I got home I called the police and reported the incident. I hope they found those kids and gave them a lesson on proper bike riding on public roads.
It scares me to think what could have happened.
As much as I hated it growing up, I like the way my cities police enforces bike laws.

They take the kid and the bike to the police station where they call the parents to come get the kid. The police confiscates the bike for a week and if the parents don't come get the bike at the end of the week they keep the bike and sell it at the local police auction.

Helmets are also required on public roads here and if a kid gets caught riding without one, they do the same thing plus issue the parents a ticket. On the second ticket, it starts to count against the parents drivers license.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
As much as I hated it growing up, I like the way my cities police enforces bike laws.

They take the kid and the bike to the police station where they call the parents to come get the kid. The police confiscates the bike for a week and if the parents don't come get the bike at the end of the week they keep the bike and sell it at the local police auction.

Helmets are also required on public roads here and if a kid gets caught riding without one, they do the same thing plus issue the parents a ticket. On the second ticket, it starts to count against the parents drivers license.
You brought up a point I forgot. These kids were around 10 to 12 years old, we have helmet laws to, anyone under the age of 16. Neither one of these kids had helmets on. Where were the parents?

Here is the Tennessee state law.
Quote:
55-52-105 Child bicycle safety rules and regulations.

With regard to any bicycle used on a state roadway, it is unlawful:

(1) For any person under sixteen (16) years of age to operate or be a passenger on a bicycle unless at all times when so engaged such person wears a protective bicycle helmet of good fit fastened securely upon the head with the straps of the helmet;

(2) For any person to be a passenger on a bicycle unless, with respect to any person who weighs fewer than forty pounds (40 lbs.), or is less than forty inches (40") in height, the person can be and is properly seated in and adequately secured to a restraining seat;

(3) For any parent or legal guardian of a person below twelve (12) years of age to knowingly permit such person to operate or be a passenger on a bicycle in violation of subdivision (1) or (2)

I forgot I had my go pro on, here is a couple clips i took from the video.
Attached Images

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 09-16-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
And just think thats the future of America

Bet his parents were just glad he was out of their hair

and didnt give a ( bleep ) where he was.

Just glad you didnt hit him and i hope no one else did either

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
RJTV6A

Drives: 69 Camaro I6 no prob,11 V6 big prob
Americas future depend on older generations to help wise them up. If his parents care they should see the pictures.

How about this knucklehead at the US Diesel Truckin Nationals at Englishtown this weekend. He stuck his head in the stream of thick black smoke from his buddys truck exhaust. I'm sure he lost several brain cells on that stunt. His friends just encouraged him.

RJTV6A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver85IrocZ View Post
And just think thats the future of America

Bet his parents were just glad he was out of their hair

and didnt give a ( bleep ) where he was.

Just glad you didnt hit him and i hope no one else did either
Yeah that part of the road people like to do 50 on and the speed limit is 30. I can't tell you how many times I have been driving down the road and doing the speed limit and some a-hole passes me on the double yellow line going up the hill...
When my son was growing up I never let him out on the road with his bike. it was too dangerous 25 years ago and even worse now. I never said it but I have lived on this road for 33 years.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
I live in an area that if its not someone on a bike its someone on a horse or what ever, So you go the speed limit & just watch out for people.

if its not Humans its animals. GOD I love living out in the country.

An elk decided it wanted to take my husband on in the Sonic the other day lol

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #10
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
I live in an area that if its not someone on a bike its someone on a horse or what ever, So you go the speed limit & just watch out for people.

if its not Humans its animals. GOD I love living out in the country.

An elk decided it wanted to take my husband on in the Sonic the other day lol

My Sis has a Sonic, An Elk would sure do alot of
damage.

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #11
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver85IrocZ View Post
[/B]

My Sis has a Sonic, An Elk would sure do alot of
damage.
my husband got out of the way lol so no damange to him or the car.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #12
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
I was behind my wifes Honda Fit in my truck and she drove by two kids on the side of the road and both kids spit on her car. I was POed so I drove by them and yelled really loud while honking as I passed them and scared the Poop out of them, lol.
Lawdog1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #13
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post

I don't agree with having it go against the parents because no kid will care if his parents get introuble and nothing serious happens to him.

Sent from my Droid
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #14
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synerbee View Post
I don't agree with having it go against the parents because no kid will care if his parents get introuble and nothing serious happens to him.

Sent from my Droid
LOL ...if it was my kid and I got a ticket for something he did you can bet your ass something serious would happen to him...