Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
GPD151

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS m6
Engine rough

Got in my car yesterday, a '10, 2SS/RS with 43K miles on 6spd. Started up and immediately sounded like a chopper "womp womp womp" on what sounded like 2 cylinders only. Towed to dealership today, prob end of week before they get to it. Any idea what would cause this? Tried starting it 3 times same result. All dash lights on. It was parked outside overnight since I shut it off, and it hasn't been ran hard at all since last year at the track, probably 10K flawless miles since then, just highway miles for the most part. All plug wires are attached to the coil packs and to the plug too. Any ideas?
GPD151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
WONSS

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS M6 SUMMITT WHITE
GPD, This just reminded me of a similar situation with mine... My car did the same exact thing. I poped the hood and noticed my plug came off of my throttle body somehow.... I put it back on and it ran good but my CEL was on..... just an FYI
WONSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #3
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
That blows. Good luck, hopefully it's an easy fix.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPD151 View Post
Got in my car yesterday, a '10, 2SS/RS with 43K miles on 6spd. Started up and immediately sounded like a chopper "womp womp womp" on what sounded like 2 cylinders only. Towed to dealership today, prob end of week before they get to it. Any idea what would cause this? Tried starting it 3 times same result. All dash lights on. It was parked outside overnight since I shut it off, and it hasn't been ran hard at all since last year at the track, probably 10K flawless miles since then, just highway miles for the most part. All plug wires are attached to the coil packs and to the plug too. Any ideas?
It could be many things. Mine was exactly like this when it broke a valve spring. My car is a daily driver and had about 36k miles, when just cruising down the hiway the spring broke.

Good luck, hope it is something simple.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote