Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Adam's Quick Sealant vs. 1000+ miles of bugs

So for those that don't know yet I recently uprooted the family from SoCal and moved to Colorado to be closer to the Adam's HQ and work in the office. Big deal since it allows me to get more done in house with product development and customer support versus working remotely. So now when you yahoos call you might just be getting me on the phone

With a long drive ahead of me I figured I had a prime opportunity to REALLY see what Quick Sealant could do. The day before loading up and starting the drive I gave the truck a good strip wash, 1 quick pass of Adam's Revive Polish, and an all over coating of Adam's Quick Sealant.

I followed that up with 3 additional coats of Adam's Quick Sealant on all the leading edges of the truck including the hood, front bumper, grill, mirrors, and even the small parts of the front and rear fenders that stick out slightly.

Theres been some customer reviews of the product for just straight longevity posted here and other forums, but nothing just to see what it does for 'non-stick' type application, where keeping bug guts from being a problem is the main concern.

If Quick Sealant could withstand about 1,100 miles of highway over 2 days, leaving California, passing thru Nevada, a small part of Arizona, a good chunk of Utah, and then over the rockies into the heart of Colorado I'd be impressed.

I had my doubts... afterall I was going to be going thru a lot of countryside, past a lot of farm land, seeing temps into the high 90's in the day, and freezing at night. The truck even got rained on, and a light dusting of snow before I had a chance to clean it.

Needless to say in the end I was blown away with how easily all that gunk washed away... when I say almost NO effort, I literally mean it. Aside from the presoak with Adam's Waterless Wash the effort needed to remove the bugs was no more intensive than what was needed to remove dust and contamination everywhere else.

for HD viewing: 1,100 Mile Bug Removal - YouTube
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
great stuff! Cool test

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
69supersport396
Rick

Drives: 2012 IBM RS 'Vert
Made me a believer!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
it's done wonders for my wheel cleaning. Brake dust on the z washes off. I am using half as much Green Wheel Cleaner now having used your quick sealant.

I would recomend this and all your products.

ps cheers on the new house enjoy.
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
I can't wait to apply this, just need to polish first :( lol
Old 10-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
CaryE1

Drives: Black 2011 2LT
Dylan, I'll back your statements up, too. It makes cleaning up my car after a long drive so much easier.