Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
ECF insert on Constraint? Help!

I Have ordered a ZL1 for the second time now. First was the Imperial blue and now the Blue Ray. I was wondering if anyone has confirmed information about the ECF? My Order was placed Almost two weeks ago and the Tracking will not move to accepted. I am very Blue Literally. Any info would be great.
bowtiefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
blue ray definitely looks better in my opinion with the ashen grey insert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
That top pic is a great representation of the Blue in Blue Ray with the sunlight and angle.

Absolutely Gorgeous.

Here is a link for Scottyc5's original thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255601
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
but yea im pretty sure its been on constraint or at least thats what many people have said.
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #4
ForensicDoc

Drives: 2015 Audi S8
All I can tell you is what my dealer told me. They had an allocation and I placed my order wanting the CF insert and black wheels. They said both were on constraint and they not only had to have an allocation for the car but also separate allocations for the wheels and CF insert. Luckily they had both so I am getting exactly what I wanted. Not sure if this helps, but good luck in getting what you want.
ForensicDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
I'm not confirming anything but FYI my car is being built the week of Nov 26th and it has the B92 exposed CF insert and Nav and Black wheels. No word to me of any constraints on this build at all.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:04 AM   #6
Dvjason

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange ZL1
My cars TPW ( Target Production week) is October 22,2013. I'll be calling next week to find out whats happening and I'll let you know as soon as I find out.
Inferno Orange
Exposed carbon hood
Black wheels
Coupe
Dvjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:51 AM   #7
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvjason View Post
My cars TPW ( Target Production week) is October 22,2013. I'll be calling next week to find out whats happening and I'll let you know as soon as I find out.
Inferno Orange
Exposed carbon hood
Black wheels
Coupe
Same car as me
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
ZL12013

Drives: 2013 ZL1 & 2005 F150
I am ordering a crystal red tincoat with black wheels and expose carbon insert that is suppose to be finalized Monday, he insist that nothing is on restraint.

I should find out for sure on Monday, I told him I need something in writing, he said not a problem.
ZL12013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
When I ordered mine the dealer said that when they got there allocation it was not for one with ECF. If I wanted the insert I would have to give up my spot and hopefully if and when they got another allocation it may or may not let me get the ECF. Wtih that being said I changed my order since there was no guarantee. No regrets I still got an awesome car. From what I've read here alot of people are having issues with the insert cracking at the corners. My order was in July, so the constraints may have been lifted, but they were definitely there then.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #10
newy

Drives: 05 mc ss
Mine was bayed this past tuesday the 16th with CF and 10 spoke Wheels .
newy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiefamily View Post
I Have ordered a ZL1 for the second time now. First was the Imperial blue and now the Blue Ray. I was wondering if anyone has confirmed information about the ECF? My Order was placed Almost two weeks ago and the Tracking will not move to accepted. I am very Blue Literally. Any info would be great.
Your order probably won't move until the dedicated allocation weeks for ZL1. This week is a ZL1 only allocation week for Camaro. If your order doesn't move to placed or in system by Tuesday, it means that your dealer hasn't earned a ZL1 allocation.

As for ECF, the actual number that they're building this week is all over the place. Becky shows that they're only building 1 nationally but my report shows that they're building 137 with ECF.

Hopefully your dealer has earned an allocation and your order will picked up. If not, you'll have to play the waiting game and hope they get an allocation or you might have to order with a different dealer that has a better shot of getting ZL1 allocations.

I was lucky as we got an allocation on the last ZL1 cycle for one with ECF. I was also lucky because I asked for an extra ZL1 and they gave it to me so we have 2 ECF ZL1s being built this week.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #12
BMWDavid

Drives: Porsche Carrera, Subaru BRZ, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Your order probably won't move until the dedicated allocation weeks for ZL1. This week is a ZL1 only allocation week for Camaro. If your order doesn't move to placed or in system by Tuesday, it means that your dealer hasn't earned a ZL1 allocation.

As for ECF, the actual number that they're building this week is all over the place. Becky shows that they're only building 1 nationally but my report shows that they're building 137 with ECF.

Hopefully your dealer has earned an allocation and your order will picked up. If not, you'll have to play the waiting game and hope they get an allocation or you might have to order with a different dealer that has a better shot of getting ZL1 allocations.

I was lucky as we got an allocation on the last ZL1 cycle for one with ECF. I was also lucky because I asked for an extra ZL1 and they gave it to me so we have 2 ECF ZL1s being built this week.
Would someone please expain this whole allocation thing. It seems to me that if a dealer had a sold order the factory would honor it and schedule a build.

I've never understood this allocation issue. Even if cars are limited in quantity it seems only fair that a customer after placing an order at any dealer should be able to get one...up until the total build for the year is met.

This whole thing really screws over the customer that lives in a rural area as their dealers typically are smaller.

Anyway that is my rant for the day!
BMWDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #13
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
As someone not in the industry who has devoted more time to looking for the answer than I should admit to doing, let me say the answer is simple and complex. Simple because each year dealers how told how many of each model they are expected to sell (order) and each month what portion of that original allocation, and each week the same. An unordered unit will be assigned to another dealer through a complex series of interactions often called consensus.

Complex because these numbers are adjusted as demand and supply dictate and as capacity (including parts) is available and because who gets an untaken allocation is subject to rules I do not know other than a dealer who takes an allocation that is not in demand will be rewarded by an extra allocation of one in demand.

So, not complex after all.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #14
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Well I can't thank everyone enough for the information. I will watch it this week. My dealer is the biggest in the area so they stated it should only take 5 to 6 weeks.
bowtiefamily is offline   Reply With Quote