Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 11-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
Need a tune near Charleston, SC

Well I thought that I was looking good to take my baby to HHP in Charleston on Saturday for a dyno tune but it fell thru due to other obligations. The closest shops that I know of are in Mooresville, NC but that is a hell of a haul. I wouldnt mind doing it but I would love to get something a bit closer to home.

Anyone know a good tuner in this area that I might be able to take my Camaro to on Saturday?
Old 11-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Don't know of any places in Charleston, Mooresville would definitely be a haul for you. Did the kit come with a canned tune? or flash unit ?

If you do head all the way up here (I live in Mooresville), give a shout, wouldn't mind seeing how the rest of your kit went together and see how it all turns out for you.
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
partymn

Looks like I might be dropping the car off on Monday at PCM in mooresville. If I go that route it will be there all week, you are more than welcome to stop by and check it out. If you do stop by, feel free to critisize the kit. Its really shoe horned in there and no tune with this kit, it will be trailered to NC.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
PCM will take care of you.
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
partymn

Thats what I keep hearing. Cant wait, going to be the best 4 hour drive I have ever had.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
Well I thought that I was looking good to take my baby to HHP in Charleston on Saturday for a dyno tune but it fell thru due to other obligations. The closest shops that I know of are in Mooresville, NC but that is a hell of a haul. I wouldnt mind doing it but I would love to get something a bit closer to home.

Anyone know a good tuner in this area that I might be able to take my Camaro to on Saturday?
Is you own Driveway close enough?

Look around and ask about JRE Custom Remote tuning Via SCT.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
partymn

I like the idea of it and I know that I would get a good tune from you, I also like the work that you are doing with some of the others that I talk to on the regular basis, but I really want a more hands on and direct approach to my tune. Getting a base tune then thrashing on it to get data logs for the final tune just doesnt sound like a good idea to me on a FI car. I dont mind driving for a bit to get it done on a dyno, I would rather do it here but a 3 hour drive to NC is better than a 5 hour drive to my other options.

I am way to wishy washy on this build, somthing about tearing apart and building a brand new car has me spooked. I have changed my mind a dozen times so far, I may change my mind again I dont know yet. For now this is the plan.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
I like the idea of it and I know that I would get a good tune from you, I also like the work that you are doing with some of the others that I talk to on the regular basis, but I really want a more hands on and direct approach to my tune. Getting a base tune then thrashing on it to get data logs for the final tune just doesnt sound like a good idea to me on a FI car. I dont mind driving for a bit to get it done on a dyno, I would rather do it here but a 3 hour drive to NC is better than a 5 hour drive to my other options.

I am way to wishy washy on this build, somthing about tearing apart and building a brand new car has me spooked. I have changed my mind a dozen times so far, I may change my mind again I dont know yet. For now this is the plan.
What are your Mods exactly?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
partymn

HPS front mount single turbo kit with the 7 pound spring, Comp 67/67 turbo, no boost controller yet, FIC 80 pound injectors, ZL1 pump, and no cats.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
HPS front mount single turbo kit with the 7 pound spring, Comp 67/67 turbo, no boost controller yet, FIC 80 pound injectors, ZL1 pump, and no cats.
Piece of cake except for the injectors, good luck.

Ted.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #11
partymn

I also have a ported throttle body if that matters. Looks like PCM might not be able to get to my car till the end of the month so now I am looking for plan foxtrot.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
I also have a ported throttle body if that matters. Looks like PCM might not be able to get to my car till the end of the month so now I am looking for plan foxtrot.
Ported TB is more problems then it is worth on a Blow through sell it or trade it for a stocker.

We make 1200 HP Blowing through stock TB.

Get some ID-850s from me and I will hook you up with a Tune at a discount.

Ted.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #13
partymn

I have the stock one still if need be.

I would love to get some ID 850s but right now I can not afford to drop another $900, thats why I dont have a boost controler yet. I have enough for tuning and incodentals but that's it, I dont beleive in financing mods its just asking for trouble.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #14
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Sorry Frank. If you're willing to wait we'll be happy to do it. I know how people get itchy though wanting to get stuff finished up and I totally understand!! I hate I can't get you in sooner but we have a shop full of cars we have to wrap up first before we get involved in anyone else's tuning or builds. Good luck with it and if you run out of options we're still here for you.
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote