Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
TPMS Question...interchangability. Did I screw up???

Hi there, i hope someone on here well versed int his stuff can answer this for me... In a moment of haste, I ordered a set of TPMS sensors for my 2010 SS to use in a second set of wheels I bought and planned to get mounted. I am now reading that the original part number for these on a Camaro is 12768826, but the set I ordered is part number 25920615, which is right for a bunch of other GM vehicles of various years, etc. I got them on ebay and they came up ina search for 2010 Camaro TMPS, looked right, so I bought them assuming GM used the same sensors for practically everything. Both part numbers seem to be 315 mhz, and look identical from what i can tell....(see pics below)

Some places I've seen online claim they interchange, but I don't know for sure. What would the difference be? Will my DIC read incorrecty or not recognize them? Does anyone know if the ones I bought will work on my car? I did a search of the part number on here and saw a guy that sold a set of the 615 part numbered ones as Camaro ones so I'm hoping they do indeed work. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I install them in my new tires.

Last edited by joeybsyc; 11-08-2012 at 11:44 PM.
joeybsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Bump for the morning crowd