Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 11-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
sacloud

Drives: 45th Anniversary Edition 2SS
Considering starting a Camaro Club in Chattanooga, TN

I am considering on starting a Camaro Club in Chattanooga. The Chattanooga, North Georgia and North Alabama area has a lot to offer such a club and would like to seek out to if there is any interest in the area.
sacloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
vtelvr

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Just saw this thread. YES there is interest...even if it is only me! My wife and I love the Chattanooga area, and love beating around north Ga on the curves!
vtelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:31 AM   #3
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
Go for it, Six of us put together SJCC and now we have around 140 members. Just keep it fun you don't want it to become a job.

Good luck from South Jersey Camaro Club
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
YellowXterra

Drives: 2013 RS
Any info or meets?
YellowXterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
sacloud

Things are going a little slow on interest of our club, however, we hope to have better luck closer to spring. I am very interested in having a group of us to go to the Open House and Cruise-in in April sponsored by FBody Warehouse in near Dunlap, TN.. here is a link: http://allgentransams.com/events/Spr...2013/flyer.JPG
Old 01-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
It will come. Be patient. It took MCCC a while to get going too. Go on Vistaprint or a similar site & print you up a bunch of business cards. You can use the C5 designed one for free. I put it in one side & our club logo on the other. We had some done early on & several of us stalked Camaros we saw & gave them to owners telling them about the club or put them on he windows of parked ones. We left some with local dealerships to give to people who bought Camaros. We would hang around at car shows & cruise ins or any place we could do some recruiting. After it gets going you will have a hard time remembering these slow days. It will be good to have another sister club in the state.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
sacloud

Thanks for the info.. I've done the business card thing and "stalk" the local Camaros.. haven't been to the dealers with that as of year, good idea, thanks. I have about 5 folks interested locally and hopefully when the weather warms up there will be more events happening. The local Corvette club isvery big and I hope to get a little guidance from them. My goal is to have at least 10 of us to cruise up to Indy in August! :-)

I appreciate your insight!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacloud View Post
Thanks for the info.. I've done the business card thing and "stalk" the local Camaros.. haven't been to the dealers with that as of year, good idea, thanks. I have about 5 folks interested locally and hopefully when the weather warms up there will be more events happening. The local Corvette club isvery big and I hope to get a little guidance from them. My goal is to have at least 10 of us to cruise up to Indy in August! :-)

I appreciate your insight!
I am in the early stages of putting together a Camaro Corral at the Grand Am event at Road Atlanta on 4/19 -/20/13. ACE5 will be the host club, so make sure you leave this weekend (races are on Saturday 4/20/13) open for your members. Once I get confirmation and details from Grand Am (after the 24 hour race) I will be looking for contacts for all of the clubs in the surrounding states to get all invited. It will be an event you won't want to miss.

Make sure you keep an eye out for the notice when we send it out and get me your contact info.

Good luck with the club as well.

David
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
sacloud

Awesome.. thanks.. let me know when all has been finalized and I'll post and get the word out!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Yeah, good luck sacloud. After you get a few members, maybe you can invite ACE5 members up for a Get Together. I'd like to check out Coker Tire and Honest Charlie some time. Just drop a line in the "Atlanta Club Lounge" thread.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #11
sacloud

I plan on doing that...

Tags
club chattanooga