Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #29
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
And they'll have to adapt. The entire industry is moving in this direction. Either GM moves with it or gets left behind, simple as that.

Keep moving forward or get left behind. Progression is good.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #30
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieSSZ28 View Post
Most of these cars are not a daily driver. Keep the My link and added option which a daily driver I can see would love most of this.
Most of these cars are definitely daily drivers. The availability huristic tells you that most aren't.

9,168 camaros were produced in October.
The site has 70,211 members, not all of which own a camaro or remain active.

Fact is, this car isn't just serving those in a midlife crisis, the hot roders from 45 years ago, or enthusists. This is a high production car, that many bought because it had two doors, sounded good, and looked cool. I LOVE technology, and I would love a camaro with GOOD technology, but mylink is just ok. Sync is good technology.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #31
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
I feel like GM is developing their own "Wheelgate" scenario...first people are unhappy with the steering wheel with the camaro (maybe with other cars too)...and now the impala lol.

On a side note...why on earth would the mylink need to store at least 10 phones in memory?....seems overkill to me..along with 60 radio stations lol
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #32
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
I feel like GM is developing their own "Wheelgate" scenario...first people are unhappy with the steering wheel with the camaro (maybe with other cars too)...and now the impala lol.

On a side note...why on earth would the mylink need to store at least 10 phones in memory?....seems overkill to me..along with 60 radio stations lol
Well personally I think 10 is fine. We have 4 drivers in the house, and 5 cell phones between us. Before we get rid of any of our cars we will have a 5th driver and 6th cell. It may be over kill, but at least they are trying to get people to go hands free. The 60 radio stations is crazy though lol 36 in the camaro is overkill.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #33
Black N' Yellow

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
That steering wheel is hideous. I think the mylink screen look great though, and I'm really glad that there is integration with SIRI. In order to sell more cars I think they need to become more technologically advanced, which can be difficult because of how long it takes to develop a car compared to how fast technology advances.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #34
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Just in time to not put in a 5th gen lol
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #35
Black N' Yellow

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2ren View Post
Google nav...... car companies please stop trying to reinvent the wheel, even apple can't beat google at its own game
I completely agree. I think Chevy needs to let Google or Microsoft, or Apple take over the nav and software portion. Think of how many people would buy a chevy from that type of branding.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #36
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Aren't we trying to decrease the amount of accidents that happen on a daily basis? I used to be all for this, but looking back, while driving it has to be so annoying to use. Having to look down for which touchscreen button to use does not seem logical, use real buttons. This is, in my opinion, worse than texting in driving, because while you're texting you at least have your phone up (hopefully) so you can see the road in you peripheral vision. This just seems dumb and unnecessary. I'd like to meet the idiot that first came up with the idea of systems like this in cars.
"Oh yeah, I need to check the weather right away while I'm on my way to Target!" -- said no one, ever.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #37
ps2ren

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black N' Yellow View Post
I completely agree. I think Chevy needs to let Google or Microsoft, or Apple take over the nav and software portion. Think of how many people would buy a chevy from that type of branding.
only Google maps, please no apple...... the iphone5 fall flat on its face because of the sad excuse for a navigation......
All German big 3s are adding google nav as an option for their new cars now, and they had a heavy bias toward apple before
Old 11-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #38
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Finally catching up to Ford on this one...
Old 11-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #39
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepirate View Post
anyone have an idea if this is new software, or a whole new system. in other words, for those who have the current mylink system, will we be able to upload the new mylink software, or will it not be compatible?
Great question.

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #40
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
I'm sure young people that grew up on video games and iphones will love it. But ..... the average Impala or Caddy buyer is how old? I can just see my 75 yr old mother absoluting hating all that and wanting her old car back.

"everyone has a Droid or an iphone"...... really? Survey your parents and grandparents on that one. I doubt - everyone - will be your findings. And many of them are new car buyers. And voice recognition? I will not talk to my car, ever.
Mine do actually. iPhones believe it or not. Grands and parents.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #41
alextop30

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2ren View Post
Google nav...... car companies please stop trying to reinvent the wheel, even apple can't beat google at its own game
Totally what I was thinking

My thought - I don't like it. As a person that speaks 5 languages and listens to music in 7 different languages ----- this is not good for my taste - I like to see the music I am playing and I cannot simply tell the system to play the music. Next are you serious about voice calling - I have never ever used that in my Camaro - why because everyone in my contact list is saved by name and my family except me has some really weird names and it never picks them up. So I would like something where it is simple not too much crap in there and it has some simple options.

For example how about we leave onstar navigation and have the ability to turn off the voice. I love listening to my music while I am looking at the odometer window in my dash for directions where to go.

That is just my opinion
alextop30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #42
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Yeah,im a grandparent to 4 kids,i love it,but i do see what Russell is talking about,the over 60-65 aged people will not like it,but like Finnwick said,G.M. is no longer tageting the folks that are like 70 and up,
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote