Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Old 12-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
FS RS TAIL LIGHTS with ACC AFTERBURNERS

Hey Guys,
So heres the story about my ACC after burners. It was installed 7 weeks ago and was very pleased with the result. However after a day I went wash my car and boom there's condensation on far right and left corner of the tail lights went immediately to the shop and theres like a small puncture or opening on the housing It wasn't fully covered with silicon gel then they fixed it right away all was resealed again and everyone is happy again. The day after few led bulbs died on the far right tailights and on the far left tail lights 2 leds are flickering but come back to life with no problems so I called ACC to order only 1 halo since only the right corner tail lights has the damaged. But unfortunately few days I was involved in an accident and my car was at the shop for 5 weeks. When I checked the afterburners the left corner tail lights the 2 leads was on and off. So, I decided may be this afterburners doesn't like me at all and want me to move on with my life. So I am selling my RS Tail lights(4 months old) with ACC burners( I paid $179). I have extra 1 halo ( I paid $45) to replace the right corner tail lights I believe it will be an easy fix since the OEM tail lights was opened already you just need a cuter to break the silicon gel and replaced the malfunction halo. I paid the $ 200 for the install. The only problem here is that the 2 leds on the left corner come on and off like a bitch. Heres the pics before and after.

1st photo it was taken right after the installation was done. The following photos was taken after it was redone/fixed as you can see on the 2nd photo the both tail lights on the left side has no issues at all but on the 3rd photo 2 leds was dead on the right corner and on the 4th photo it was taken after a day when few more leads was dead on the right corner again and both tail lights on the left was intact. This photos was taken before car was taken to the shop for 5 weeks due to my front bumper accident. I will post the recent photos I took tonight on my way to gym.
Attached Images

Last edited by JustRaf; 12-04-2012 at 02:24 AM.
JustRaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

These are the photos that I took tonight 7 weeks after the install. The two middle afterburners works like a champ(they never had condenstation on the first installation so they will have no problem) but right corners was really ****ed up but I have a replacement for these halo which I paid for $45 and unfortunately 2 leads was caught off on the left corner of the tail lights which I don't have a replacement. The replacement for 1 halo is only $45. If youre interested pm me your price.Thank you!
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
What are you asking for them? Pm me.
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Wow, sorry dude. the LED's are wired in series (3 each) that's why they are going out in groups of 3. Hope you find a home for them.

In or around Savannah GA on the first Sunday of the month? Come meet with us here around 11 am!
mmarx82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
GLWS another great AAC failure sorry about your misfourtane
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
What are you asking for them? Pm me.
Replied! Thanks u
Old 12-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Any one make an offer. I have one spare halo for replacement.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

bump!!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #9
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Bump for 100 bucks??