Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
juandavr

Drives: BMW M235i
Help me decide

Hi!

I have an 2011 RS and I'm kind of interested in buying the GM Performance exhaust package for it because i've heard that it kind of improves the performance of the car and gives it a different, more powerful, sound. So mi questions are:
  1. Does it really give the car some extra power?
  2. Does it affect the fuel consumption a lot?
  3. Would you recommend any other modification (can be aerodynamic like the GFX kit in which i'm also interested, or to the engine)

I want my car to have original GM parts, because here where I live it's really hard to find a good place to tune your car and I prefeer the guarantee that chevrolet can provide me in that case

Thank you so much!
juandavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by juandavr View Post
Hi!

I have an 2011 RS and I'm kind of interested in buying the GM Performance exhaust package for it because i've heard that it kind of improves the performance of the car and gives it a different, more powerful, sound. So mi questions are:
  3. Would you recommend any other modification (can be aerodynamic like the GFX kit in which i'm also interested, or to the engine)
I want my car to have original GM parts, because here where I live it's really hard to find a good place to tune your car and I prefeer the guarantee that chevrolet can provide me in that case

Thank you so much!

To me your just wasting your money. The GM Performance Muffler is made by Borla, most the V6 Guys Have gone the route of the MRT Exhaust, better sound.
You might get about 1 HP out of the Exhaust upgrade. Really all your getting is sound, Me personally I've keep the Stock Exhaust.

The exhaust is not going to anything as far as gas Milage.

I have th GFX kit and i feel it helps finish off the car. Some like it some don't.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
I have the gm performance exhaust. I had the dealer put it on after the bullshit they put me thought trying to buy a car. I love it, I think it sounds great, not too loud but loud enough to hear it coming. I can't say anything about aftermarket exhaust. FYI the gm one is from the cat-back. Most people replace the entire exhaust system.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
also reduces weight, and that adds to the tiny improvement in mpg
Old 12-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
juandavr

Drives: BMW M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
To me your just wasting your money. The GM Performance Muffler is made by Borla, most the V6 Guys Have gone the route of the MRT Exhaust, better sound.
You might get about 1 HP out of the Exhaust upgrade. Really all your getting is sound, Me personally I've keep the Stock Exhaust.

The exhaust is not going to anything as far as gas Milage.

I have th GFX kit and i feel it helps finish off the car. Some like it some don't.
Wow, never taught that I would have so little improvement in the performance and now i'm interested in the GFX kit, and I want to ask you how has your car improved with it, not about the aerodynamic and all that stuff, but more about the feel, how does it handles?

sorry about all the questions, but i want to make a good investment, and thank you
juandavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by juandavr View Post
Hi!

Thank you so much!

The GM Performance Exhaust package delivers a great performance sound and reduced restriction, which promotes increased power - especially when combined with other performance parts.

If you get any work done related to performance, the best suggestion I have is to get it all done by Chevrolet and make sure it is GM approved before hand.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
1. No
2. No
3. If you want to stick with GM parts then I would just do the exhaust and call it a day.