Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Underhood accessories...

I am looking for body match parts covers and caps. What websites did you use and can you please post pics of under your hood? I am having trouble choosing if I should use satin finish or black radiator, break cylinder, washer bottle caps etc etc. I am using body match fuse box cover and brake reservoir.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
BrainleSS
Working on my 2nd one!

Drives: Camaro
Check out showstopper, I don't have a pic handy but here is from Pete's website

http://showstopperaccessories.com/pr...ckge-deal.html
Old 01-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Thanks
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 01-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
As another option, I am planning on having replacement OEM fluid caps painted Victory Red by Lupe (overhaulengines). The list includes oil fill cap, radiator cap, radiator reservoir cap, washer fluid cap, power steering cap, and brake reservoir cap. He has already painted my fuse box cover, my engine cover, and my strut tower brace, and he is working on some other items for me for under the hood. His work is top quality and he is great to deal with, and his prices are pretty good too. I also have a painted brake reservoir cover from RPI that is really nice too. It all depends on how much you want to spend and what you want it to look like.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

I would consider that. I could take my existing caps off and send them out Does he have a website. Do you have a picture of under your hood?

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 01-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
I would consider that. I could take my existing caps off and send them out Does he have a website. Do you have a picture of under your hood?
Yes, you could take all of your caps off and send them to Lupe. He is in the San Antonio, TX area. I am actually planning to order new caps and send them to Lupe for paint. I prefer to be able to put my car back to factory original, so I always buy replacement parts and have them modified. I priced the new caps today through forum vendor Gene Culley's website www.gmpartshouse.com and the entire set of caps was less than $55 not including shipping.

Lupe's website is www.camarocustoms.com. You can also PM him on here under username overhaulengines, or check out any of his sale threads in the Marketplace section. He will paint just about anything and it looks great.

Here is the best picture I have for now. This does not include some of my new items that I have gotten since the winter started. You can also click on my signature to check out my build thread which has a ton of pics.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Ok, here is my plan. I am buying these exact items at showstoppers with the radiator shroud. I will them have this guy do some ghost flames on the rjt parts of the boxes. I will also have this picture of my dog airbrushed on the gloss black shroud. What do you think?

http://www.eagleeyepaint.com/view_all_projects.html
Attached Images

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 01-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
iCamaro

Drives: 2012 LT RS Camaro
Sounds awesome! You must really love your dog. I wouldn't even air brush my own kids on my car.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
iCamaro

By they way.. You've been so busy planing your underhood you haven't post any photos on the pic thread!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #10
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCamaro View Post
Sounds awesome! You must really love your dog. I wouldn't even air brush my own kids on my car.
I do love him! Told my wife if we ever....she can have the kids but I will fight for the Dog. I figured that it would look shard and be unique.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 01-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #11
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Quote:
By they way.. You've been so busy planing your underhood you haven't post any photos on the pic thread!

The picture of the engine I posted is not mine, it's one Pete sent me to show me what he could do. I ordered my parts today.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 01-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #12
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Show stopper also here great product
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
iCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
The picture of the engine I posted is not mine, it's one Pete sent me to show me what he could do. I ordered my parts today.
I was talking about this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119344
Old 01-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #14
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Quote:
Oh....I was trying to figure out what you meant! Ya I have been occupied on my gun forum and trying to find an assault rifle.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE