Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
Iced Bullet
Iced Bullet

Drives: LT1 RS SILVER ICE 2011
Question Door panel are easily marked up

I have this issue with the door panel getting marked up any time it is touched by the seat belt clip or finger rubs. I have to constantly wipe it with armorall wipes or some type of spray for interior panels. It seems like they are very dry. Is the a solution to this or is it just a panel issue to live with?
Thanks in advance
Iced Bullet
Iced Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Bullet View Post
I have this issue with the door panel getting marked up any time it is touched by the seat belt clip or finger rubs. I have to constantly wipe it with armorall wipes or some type of spray for interior panels. It seems like they are very dry. Is the a solution to this or is it just a panel issue to live with?
Thanks in advance
Iced Bullet
Similar issue here in the past, I noticed that when I keep it cleaned & conditioned that i do not have that problem. I personally wouldn't use the wipes and only because it tends to dry out the plastic rather quick. Some people on other forums are even convinced its responsible for cracked dashes and interior plastic. I use Zaino Z10 & Z14 for the leather and plastic. I know Maguires sells something similar and so does Adams products
Camero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Yep, been ongoing problem since first Camaro's delivered
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
the solution is dont use armor all. it leave a residue that capture dirt and dust. i use just plain ole water and dont have any issues
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
^ agree w/ above. Armor All is horrible.

All the panels - door, scuff plate, console, dash, everything scratches extremely easily. I just replaced my console, console trim, shifter bezel, gauge trim, and scuff plates this weekend. Probably will do the drivers door later this year or next.

I don't know if it was a weight thing or just going cheap thing - but hopefully the G6 addresses the interior issues.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
SS785

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
^ agree w/ above. Armor All is horrible.

All the panels - door, scuff plate, console, dash, everything scratches extremely easily.
Agreed. You just look at it wrong and it scratches
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Admas leather conditior FTW! And yes, it can be used on plastic trim and works great.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
zainos also has some plastic cleaner although i havent used it.
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #9
CamaroKevin

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS SIM
Thumbs up

I use Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner-Conditioner on my seats, dash, doors and even the door panels. My buddy just picked up a '13 and was afraid of people skuffing it up. I just told him about this and showed him these pictures. Hope this helps!

Before:

After:
CamaroKevin is offline   Reply With Quote