Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
IPF LLT Bolt-On Tune Results !!! Stock vs. IPF

Here are the tuning results on Stand-Alone's car...

Bolt-On Modifications were done BEFORE the baseline dyno. So this is Stock tune vs. IPF tune.

2010 Camaro LLT
- Manual Trans
- Vararam CAI
- MRT V.2 Axle Back

I have attached a data sheet, for every 150RPM, so you can see the comparison number for number and the gains. All results were done on back to back passes, no magic dyno numbers, skinny rear tires or other BS!
Attached Images

Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Looks good man!!
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
wow good stuff!
Old 03-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Glad to see this!

Very solid gain across the entire RPM spectrum. 17HP and 16 TQ gain are nothing to shake a stick at, but I was hoping for just a tad more. That said, thats as large a gain as any bolt on will get you on this car, and even better because the gains are there across the entire range as I said before.

Stand-alone....are you out there? I'd love to hear your impressions.

Thanks Matt!
Old 03-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Glad to see this!

Very solid gain across the entire RPM spectrum. 17HP and 16 TQ gain are nothing to shake a stick at, but I was hoping for just a tad more. That said, thats as large a gain as any bolt on will get you on this car, and even better because the gains are there across the entire range as I said before.

Stand-alone....are you out there? I'd love to hear your impressions.

Thanks Matt!
Stand-Alone just left here a little over a hour ago, he may be out playing a bit
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Old 03-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #7
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
congrats, good to see numbers
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
IPF Tune N/A LLT

Hey Guys,

Good day yesterday!

Before I dive into the results of the tune, let me first say I was thoroughly impressed with Matt and Rodney and my experience at FL Speed and Power.
Matt did the tune himself and advance scheduled Arno to be available in the event we needed his assistance. We did email Arno a couple times and he replied within 10-15min. Please keep in mind this was a Sunday, and he lives in Germany!
Car got the base line dyno ( 2-3 passes), then we popped the tune in, ran the dyno (3 passes), checking A/F ratio in real time. No adjustments were needed
- which on a side note -
Matt and Arno ran my VIN# as well as my mod list prior to me arriving so Arno could pick the appropriate tune. I think this is important to mention because this "canned" tune was the best fit for my set-up and should give confidence to anyone looking to install an IPF tune who isnt able to take their car to a dyno.

So my IPF tune was dumped in, post-dyno session was complete, I squared away with Matt, hopped in the car and had FUN driving back up to Tampa

And like Matt mentions above, he didnt do anything to try to make the dyno look prettier than what it really was going to be. The car only cooled down for 20min or so between the base runs and the IPF tune runs.
Plus these runs were done on a Mustang Dyno(aka the 'heart breaker' ), not a Dynojet that might have showed a couple more ponies...maybe...

But what we can see is that peak power has increased, (+1!) but also alot more power down low. I'm making ~15 to 30+ lb/ft of torque more from 2800 rpm - 4800 rpm (+1!).
And that was an easily noticeable difference while driving.
Getting an IPF tune makes your a lifetime member, so any new mods I do to the car, I can get an updated tune sent to me.

My expectations were realistic, and I am very pleased with the results. I'm more pleased with the experience at FSP.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
The_Grinch

Drives: car
Wow, good to hear. I know that I added my Trifecta tune and did not notice anything on the butt Dyno. So what does your butt dyno tell you?
The_Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #10
The_Grinch

Drives: car
Kudos to you Matt that is one of the best dyno charts that I have seen posted.
The_Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #11
KMPrenger

yes Stand-al0ne...whats the seat of the pants feel like? Enjoying it?
Old 03-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #12
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Def enjoying it. Butt dyno is telling I feel alot more power down low.

When you're wide open going through gears, the 1-2 shift chirps alot harder than it ever did before- lets just call it a spin ...BUT...oddly enough I notice it the most when I am cruising around normally or am riding on the interstate, go to pass someone or make a quick lane change and pop it, I'm like "damn, got to remember this thing has more power now!"

So, I think thats the biggest thing to take away from this tune -
and that is the peak 17hp/15/tq** I netted is one thing, BUT the flat torque curve and more power through the RPM band is where the "fun" resides.

** which I feel would have been a few more if my engine wasnt basically heat soaked when we ran the post-IPF dyno runs - the LLT engine needs 4 hours to cool down completely. We only waited 20min or so. And I def believe in the engine being affected by this because I ran DA corrected 14.4, 14.7, and 14.5 after 3 back-to-back passes at Pony Wars last year, but ran DA corrected 14.0 after I let the car cool down for 2 hours
Old 03-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #13
KMPrenger

Cool...thanks for that description!

Hopefully now you'll see 13s!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #14
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
stand-al0ne

nice gains! btw...the ~15 to 30+ lb/ft of torque more from 2800 rpm - 4800 rpm is realistically closer to 15-20. the almost 30 ft/lb TQ before 3100RPM is more than likely due to when WOT was actually reached. just be careful claiming 30+ ft/lb TQ due to a variable during the pull.

with the AFR being monitored real time, can you post the AFR results as well?